AdWords
2.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Words Account--HELP I'M STUCK

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been using ad words wrong. I'm trying to learn how to use it correctly but I'm stuck on this "create an ad."  screen. It gives me no option to go back.  It appears I've selected to create an ad when all I want to do is keyword planning and be in the tool.  How do I erase all the data I put in and get back to START OVER.   Again I'm stuck on this screen with no other options to allow me start completely over. 

Capture.JPG

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Latisha,

I believe that you need a valid shell account to use the tools that you cited. If I were you, I would create an ad and anything else that Google requires to launch a new account. Once this is complete just pause your campaign and you will have full access to the the AdWords tools, including Keyword Planner. There is no harm in having a paused campaign with some dummy ads and keywords in it.

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Latisha,

I believe that you need a valid shell account to use the tools that you cited. If I were you, I would create an ad and anything else that Google requires to launch a new account. Once this is complete just pause your campaign and you will have full access to the the AdWords tools, including Keyword Planner. There is no harm in having a paused campaign with some dummy ads and keywords in it.

Hope that helps,

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.