AdWords
1.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Rotation - what is Adwords thinking?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new and cannot understand why google think it is cool to add your credit card details as part of enrolement for an adwords account? I had a lot of problems registering and it would not complete enrolement until I had created a campaign and given my card details. When you give your card details to another party I assume "a duty of care" is present at that time and until the account is fully operational, they would not grab money out of your account until you are ready to pay, It happens in all normal business practice, but the kicker is when you go to google for help, they say they cannot help you until they I have given all my details. I tried to open a remote access solution while having difficulties with the account, but find out the bogus information I gave for the campaign still went ahead and debited my account. For goodness sake, only an idiot would devise a scheme like this to tick off a new client, if I was allowed to open the adwords account manually, I could have got my expert to run the account via my now fixed remote link without being charged. Of course the help staff say it is ok, but what do you the people of this forum think?

ps  I have a screen shot of the misdemeanor, the ad was not written in any language and ran without me having control of my account

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Ad Rotation - what is Adwords thinking?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ste,

>>> they would not grab money out of your account until you are ready to pay <<<
Negative, they would not. Nor would AdWords. Factor in that card details also serve identification purposes.

>>> they cannot help you until they I have given all my details <<<
That's because unlike other companies, Google currently does not offer demo accounts. You have sort of full access to features right away.

>>> the bogus information I gave for the campaign .... <<<
Please, kindly do refrain from repeating it going forward.

>>>....without me having control of my account....<<<
You had it, just lacked the experience.

A final note is that I would not advise anyone to run a campaign before taking the AdWords Fundamentals exam.

Best,
Lakatos