AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Preview Tool Not Showing Any Ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having trouble routinely trying to get any ads to show in the Ad Preview Tool: https://www.screencast.com/t/BZk7bfn27P5K

I understand Google stops showing ads if you search too many times and don’t click to protect Impression Shares and Quality Scores, but that shouldn't apply to the Ad Preview Tool. I KNOW there has to be a bidder for that keyword.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Your screenshot shows local listing not ads...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

Exactly, my question is why aren't there any ads? This happens constantly for keywords that should have ads in a tool designed to preview ads. I'm wondering what the reason could be.

Thanks!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I don't know... And I doubt anyone does.... Smiley Surprised

Google does not disclose the details  of the criteria based on the algorithm "decides" that for a given query ads are  shown or not.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate your thought Moshe.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know it's been months since you asked this question, but was it resolved? I'm running into the same issue with my ads. Location correct, good budget and bid, and good keywords. Still no result in the search. How did you resolve it?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issues and so are many of my clients.  I have had to instruct them to go on regular google to check their ads which is not the best practice but it's better than them thinking they are not appearing.  I sometimes have to press search on the AdPreview Tool multiple times for sponsored ads to appear and then I have to go through the whole captcha process because Google thinks I'm a bot. Very frustrating!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear,
specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is
most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner
of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.