AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Ad Copy issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

While searching for my brand name on Google, I witnessed a strange thing. I saw an ad copy which is not in my ad account. In fact, it never was. I am totally confused as to what has happened. Is Google automatically generating an ad copy? Why would it do so? Please help.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Ad Copy issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Do you have an affiliate advertising program setup? Sometimes affiliates will bid on brand keywords in paid search to drive high converting traffic to your site. I would try clicking the ad and investigating the redirect and eventual landing URLs for any clues as to who is responsible for the ad.

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Ad Copy issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jim,

No we dont have any affiliate advertising program setup.

Regards

Ad Copy issue

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Double check the account. Historically, I recall similar cases, and at the end, the ad was found, and had been created by someone else with an access to the account.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’