4.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me

Ad Campaign was paused without my knowledge

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to this, as Etsy has partnered with Google for ad campaigns. I signed up and started a campaign but for some reason it was paused and I have no idea why. I'd like to understand so it doesn't happen in the future. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Accepted by Rakesh Kumar (Top Contributor)
October 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Suggest you take a look at your "Change History", Lonnie.  If your campaign was paused, it should show up in there. Look for the "view change history" link roughly in the middle of your AdWords campaign management page. Google does not allow unauthorized 3rd parties to control your campaigns. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Lonnie G,

Steve is correct. If a change was made it should show in your change history log and anyone that can make changes to your account would be listed as users on your account. Please open your AdWords account, click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and then click on Account Settings. Next click on Account Access and see everyone that has access to your account. 

Further, click on the gear icon (same place) but this time click on Billing and see what is happening there. If something happened with a payment or outstanding balance that exceeds your account limit, your campaigns will kick off. 

Kind Regards,

Google AdWords Top Contributor | Google Partner | GYBO | Local Guide | My Profile