AdWords
1.7K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account was under review then open then back under review. Can anyone tell me why?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our account was put under review. I called in and a hour later was back working. The in went under review again and no one seems to be able to tell me why. I have paid the bills, used their advisers to setup the account and followed their advise. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Account was under review then open then back under review. Can anyone tell me why?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi,

Have you made any significant changes to budget recently? Sometimes when you increase the overall budget by more than 100%, the account will go under billing review.

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did. Once it was set and looked like it was running well,  I increased our spend to our planned budget. I can understand this but after I spoke with them, it was out of review for 6 hours and then back in review. I was told by a someone on the phone that the account has been in review for 2 days and 11 hours. I asked would the ads have stopped running then since they didn't until last night. Another google rep says the review will be 4-5 days while their site says 2-3. Each time I ask to speak to someone who might be able to help I am told there is no one who is "customer facing". It just seems that these reviews are done when the system detects a change and no one really knows why. The office in Ireland must only be two guys and a laptop because they tell me there is no one there.

It was unfortunate as I had to send people home today unpaid as there is no work for them and I couldn't even tell them why. Luckily, Bing allows me to mirror my efforts so I won't lose too much business but it would have been nice for Google to send an email saying we were going to be reviewed. I only found out because I used the display tool and it told me there. Otherwise I would be in the dark.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update. Ads are back running now. Hold on. No they aren't! going for three hours before back in review. Third time this has happened. Maybe Google is just giving me some phantom clicks to get another £10.00 a day from me. Either way, I just wish they would have the decency to say what is going on rather than having their staff lie on the phone. Who's running the place? Mrs. Brown???

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Sales G,

An AdWords account may go under re-review or can say periodic review even after live for few hours.

This mostly happen with the new AdWords account to ensure your account's security, billing information.

Please note that the review may take up to 3 business days, the ads will only get live once is review is completed.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’