AdWords
4.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account that was not used for years was charge $1,150 then suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had an AdWords account that was created in 2010 and left unused for 2 years with no activity.  Then out of the blue on 12/13/15 and 12/14/15 I was charged $1,150 and immediately thereafter the account was suspended for suspicious activity.  I can only image that there was some bug or mix up that has resulted in my account being charged over a thousand dollars for an inactive campaign from years prior.  Given Google high reliability and brand I expect they will resolve this issue and refund the $1,150 I was charged.  Can you please help me to have this resolved. Thank you.  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account that was not used for years was charge $1,150 then suspended

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
Was the account hacked? What campaign was running for the clicks accrued?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Account that was not used for years was charge $1,150 then suspended

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Jonas J

A screenshot of the transaction history would be helpful.  What's off to me here is the $1150.  Max billing threshold for a post pay account is $500. At most you should have been charged $1000 between those two days.