AdWords
3.4K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google won't tell me why my account is suspended, except for policy violation. Several Google people by email and phone have extensively checked the website and products and say it is fine. Only thing is they say if you are banned once, it won't get reinstated. The only thing it used to have was 'PayPal Money Back Guarantee', we removed it months ago, changed the hosting platform (now shopify) changed the feeds/lists etc. Yesterday on new dashboard it said account was fine, now suspended again

1 Expert replyverified_user

Account suspended

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Kushal,

I'm sorry that your account has been suspended. I know that can be extremely frustrating, and it can be difficult to get information about the suspension from Google.

Do the email notifications from Google about your account suspension include any information about the suspension, or links to specific policy pages? If so, please paste that information here so that we can take a look.

Thanks,

John

Account suspended

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I cannot speak for Google, and this is just a volunteer technical support forum.  However, here is what I can share from my experience. 

Once a Shopping account is suspended, especially if payment-related fraud was suspected, it is usually permanent. You usually cannot fix it by changing to another shopping platform, or making other minor adjustments. 

There is not enough information provided to speculate further. 

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your replies. We haven't had any problems with payments from customers as far as I know. We just had written in the About Us that we use Paypal so you have their money back guarantee.

The site ekpuja.com sells things in the UK that Indians can buy easily in India but are less common in the UK, like Hindu rosaries and the like. All simple, legal things but I'm just wondering if the bots are picking up the word Lord or God in the listings.  Like State of Lord Ganesh?

I'm happy to delete all the 600+ stock (transferred from our ebay account) and restart if that would help, but don't want to start EVERYTHING again, for no reason.

Any advice appreciated, we are only a very small company selling on ebay and trying to grow our business but we are locked in to ekpuja.com as the web address is in our lofo etc.

Thanks

Account suspended

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Given this is an account suspension issue, there is only so much advice that can be rendered here. You're going to need to talk with Google to identify and resolve the issue. 

Ask them if the account has been flagged for fraudulent billing activity.  Then, ask them if there is any possibility of it being re-instated. They may have to escalate to accounting, but will give you honest answers.

Account suspended

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Kushal,

Which policy does Google say you violated? Usually they will link to the policy in the email notification they send you about the account suspension. 

John

Account suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, they haven't specified but it just goes to the main policy violation page, not a specific bit, in the past, it linked to policy violation, misleading product description, but this time just the policy violation front page.

I really appreciate your time and help, we are so small fry but it's our livelihood and I don't want to resubmit it too many times and get banned if I haven't fixed the problem, but can't seem to find what the problem really is.

Thanks

Account suspended

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hi Kushal,

Regrettably I'm not going to be able to be of much more help to you. Since Google isn't telling you which general policy you violated, there's not much I can recommend to you in the way of troubleshooting. I think your options are to keep appealing with Google or possibly reach out to a service that specializes with helping people fix suspension issues.

I will say that it can be very difficult to successfully appeal a suspension, and there's a good chance that you will not be able to.

I wish I had a better answer for you!

Best,

John