AdWords
2.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended from outdated ads (I believe)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

First, let me thank you for taking the time to read this and potentially save my (Adwords) life!

I am not 100% certain as to why my account has been suspended. It was more than 2 years ago (maybe even 3) when I logged in and saw the red suspension notice at the top of my screen. I think it was due to my ads violating policy?

Basically, I had some ads running (2 ads it seems), but not receiving traffic and I left the account unattended for several months. When I did log back in , I got the suspension notice and no reason why stated (or how to resolve it).

I found a number and dialed direct to Google support (of some kind) and they advised me to create a new account. I did and that account was immediately shut down (before ads could run). The ads that were running on my account before suspension are not the new ads I'm trying to run. Not even the same site or ad goal (going for Pay Per Call this time around).

So, where do I go from here? I've been spending money with Facebook for long enough now,I'd like to put Adwords back in rotation (especially with all the new updates and changes in the last few years to the platform). It wasn't as big a deal before (am making money on other platforms), but now I want to take advantage of a better Adwords platform in addition to the other platforms I'm spending on.

If anyone reading this can see back office stuff, here is my account ID:  817-253-3973. If not, please point me in the right direction to get this resolved once and for all (been trying off and on for the last 2 years)!

Thanks for the help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Account suspended from outdated ads (I believe)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

You must find the root cause for the suspension 2 years ago and fix it. Fixing the violation is a must, prior to filing an appeal. Until the violation is fixed you will not be able to advertise with Google;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the input. How do I find what the root cause was? I see nothing
stating why or any way to really find out what caused the suspension. I'd
be more than happy to fix said cause, if only Big G would make it known (or
perhaps a little easier to find).

--
William Meers

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager - per Community Guidelines - in order to remove contact information which was most likely due to an email or mobile footer. This is done in order to protect account security and/or privacy. Please be sure to remove this information in future replies. Thank you for your understanding.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, if the violation happens to be the old ads (to the site I'm not even running anymore), then how would I go about fixing ads that I no longer wish to run to a site I no longer run?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
The violation is most likely due to content on the previous site / landing page. You should get control over the domain and fix the content.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's not going to be possible. It should be possible to let someone know that I have no intention of serving those ads to that site any more. How do I do that?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Well... The issue is not with the ads. Rarely accounts are suspended due to violation of ad writing guidelines. . Ads are disproved. An account suspension is due to a severe violation. Unless you fix it the account will not be reinstated. This is a firm Policy by google. No exceptions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How does Google expect me to fix something I no longer own and have stated I no longer intend to run ads to? Are you seriously trying to tell me that there is no solution for my situation? That I am the first person with this kind of issue? I doubt it. My no longer owning or choosing to run ads to the site IS compliance to the "firm policy". Please tell me where I'm seeking "exception" to this policy, if my only way of "fixing" it is by no longer running ads to the site that I no longer own.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

As I mentioned, you'll have to gain control over the domain and fix it (e.g. Buy it if you don't own it) -  assuming that this was the violation, since you  can't find the suspension email  (sent back then) which mentioned the section in  violation.

If you search the community you'll find hundreds of similar cases. Fixing the violation is a non-negotiable condition  by Google before appealing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Email just received on violation (I submitted some kind of ticket -not an appeal).

Dear Advertiser, Thank you for your email.

*** Please do not respond to this system-generated email. ***

As mentioned in our previous email, you've submitted ads that violate our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google. For more information about suspended accounts, please see http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=164786

For information on the terms associated with AdWords account use, please review our Terms and Conditions at https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder. To learn more about AdWords policies, including our suspension policies, you can review our advertising policies at http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy?hl=en

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1703646

If you believe that you meet all of the above requirements and want to make an appeal, please fill out the following form: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/request.py?contact_type=policy_suspended

Please be aware that we can't process your request unless our policy guidelines and terms and conditions are met.

We appreciate your cooperation.

What do i fix on that one? the ads? nothing about site mentioned in this one.