AdWords
3.2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account suspended (I worked closely with adwords advisors)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My account was indeed suspended the other day.  I called in to google and the representative told me my site looks fine and I should just make an appeal.  So I wrote in an appeal and then I got back an email saying please don't make accounts in the future as they will also be suspended.  I would just like an opportunity to fix whatever google doesn't like about my site.  I worked closely with 2 personal adwords advisers over the past year and they saw my site many times and never said anything about how maybe google won't like your site.  I do advertise for a medical product where I do receive a commission.  So I would say my site was deemed a bridge page with a coupon offer. I would like the opportunity to add information that google would like and thus removing the bridge page label.  I am also willing to completely shut this website down so I am able to use adwords with future projects of mine.  I am developing a google chrome extension that is completely and obviously would like to use adwords to market it.  I never tried to hide anything, I tried working closely with the adwords team and then I get a permanent suspension out of the blue without an opportunity to fix things.  Mind you this suspension is truly life altering.  Since I worked so closely with adwords and their team, it truly feels like I have been stabbed in the back by google. Is there a chance that google would be willing to work with me on my chrome extension once I fix my site they didn't like or possible shut it down?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

>>"  I do advertise for a medical product where I do receive a commission."

This is really unfortunate that none of the persons who you had discussions with told you that medical product (e.g. Medical drugs, medication...) can be advertised only by a pharmaceutical company.

So it's not the site - its apparently the product which cannot be advertised on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

it has nothing to do with drugs really....it is more a medical health testing service

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Peter,

Your suspicions would be correct - a bridge page to somewhere else, where you will receive a commission, is not allowed in AdWords. AdWords is for promoting products or services that you directly provide. Affiliate marketing in AdWords died out many years ago.

I can understand that you weren't aware of this - Google's policies are a lot to read through and understand. 

However from Google's point of view, most people who have accounts suspended for affiliate promotions are going to try and do the same thing again - it is "easy money" and very tempting.

That you say in the future you plan to promote something within the guidelines won't make any difference. Google's priority is keeping the searchers experiences top quality. Google doesn't take chances on that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well I told my past advisers that I am an affiliate numerous times.  They didn't seem to mention anything.  Due to these facts that I worked with advisers from the beginning, a lifetime suspension seems rather crude.  I would argue from googles point of view that they misrepresented me thus I deserve another opportunity.  

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Peter L,

Sine we are a peer-to-peer community, we are not able to do anything with suspensions or billing issues here. We are under (in rank) the tier of support, so we cannot change, alter, edit, etc.. anything they do with an account. And yet the system is above the tier of support and will follow the policies to the letter. 

The only thing we can offer is to encourage you to use this interactive web form to send all of your thoughts and viewpoints up stream, to the department above support. 

As Moshe and Rob have stated, you should have been told that what you were attempting to do was not allowed per AdWords restrictions. This is why they gave out the suspension...  as the system caught up with your use and wants to make sure it does not happen again. There will be no getting around this.

There are other ad systems and other networks to consider... but AdWords will not work.

Kind Regards,

James 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I appreciate the input from you guys

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

If this   health testing service is under regulatory requirements (FDA approval), then it   is subject  to  restrictions and allowed only to pharma companies.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’