AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account opens from the MCC into Express by Default

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

We took over a high-investing account that is built very well and has a large amount of good data built up. When we open the account from our MCC, it takes us to an AdWords Express page. We then have to press the three dots in the top corner in order to drop down the option that says "View in AdWords" in order to properly manage the account. How can we avoid taking this one extra step to enter the account in normal AdWords view?

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
February 2016

Re: Account opens from the MCC into Express by Default

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Chris H

I wish there were. This has happened with a few accounts that I created new in Adwords, and Express was never used or considered. The last time I spoke to support about this, I was told it was a known "bug" and it was just something I would have to deal with. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
February 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Chris H

I wish there were. This has happened with a few accounts that I created new in Adwords, and Express was never used or considered. The last time I spoke to support about this, I was told it was a known "bug" and it was just something I would have to deal with. 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Also can confirm that I have at least one account like this, but it did, at one time use Express - Agreed that this is quite annoying.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Has there possible been any updates to this? I came on here searching for the same problem and looking for a solution. I too have never used Express but it goes there by default.

Those of you that do NOT have this issue, can you maybe share what the url is that you have bookmarked to sign into adwords? Maybe the option to visit express is hardcoded into the url I visit (and it's not obvious to me).

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Stephanie,

I don't believe there is any work around for this. You could contact support and see if they have anything to offer on the subject. See, with Google, nothing ever goes away or is deleted. I've come to the conclusion that for these select few accounts, they were likely created through an Express upgrade or something similar and the Express accounts, which are associated with each specific account cannot be deleted.

Honestly, looking for a specific URL or editing a URL will not really help you very much, getting into the AdWords account takes two quick clicks. However, if you'd like to try it, you should be able to grab the URL yourself once you're into the actual AdWords account you're referencing and see if that helps.

I log into an MCC at adwords.google.com and pick accounts from there.

Sorry I don't have much more to offer. Yes, a bit annoying but at the end of the day, a couple of clicks takes seconds.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

@PPCBossman @Stephanie H

I thought the same thing, but in this similar thread it was reported that it could be fixed with a call to support.  A user here confirms she had it fixed and gives the number she called to do it: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Account-Issues/New-Client-Account-in-MCC/td-p/5373...

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Excellent info. I suppose it's time to ask once again. Thanks for the heads up David.

I generally bombard my reps with enough that I've just "dealt" with this and it's been so long now that I'm immune to it. I autopilot my way into the account.

-Tommy

Edit:  Can confirm - a call to support will solve this, they have a "switch" of sorts.  1-866-2Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

did the bug ever get figured out? i deal with this daily

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I would advise that you contact support. You can call AdWords Support at 866-246-6453 Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (EST). This is toll-free number in the United States.

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation. It's always best to start your own thread versus making comments to random threads, even if your issue seems related.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic. Making your new thread is fast, easy and allows more specific help directly to you (and not all of the other members in the old thread).

Thank you.