AdWords
4.5K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account got hacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Recently my mother had an adwords account created with her google login information. The account is on her email, but the name and address is of someone who lives in Texas. The mastercard used for payment also has a zip code in that area. I noticed this when she received an email saying her adwords account had been suspended, while she has never created account nor knew what it was. I dont think I have anything to worry about as the passwords have been changed and the account is suspended, but why would someone want to do this? 

Thanks,

Chase 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Account got hacked

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... The hackers apparently used her card to run a campaign for their own business. Or for the "fun". Hackers have many "starnge" goals in mind... Smiley Surprised

Follow the instructions in this link about a compromised account.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6294825?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
May 2017

Account got hacked

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... The hackers apparently used her card to run a campaign for their own business. Or for the "fun". Hackers have many "starnge" goals in mind... Smiley Surprised

Follow the instructions in this link about a compromised account.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6294825?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Account got hacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have my account was hacked. Hacker

was change my number and email recovery

Please help me get my account again.

Thanks my email is:Mehrdadmousaviyan80@gmail.com

Account got hacked

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.