5.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently got involved with  company that needed to do some google adwords. I created an account and granted her account access as admin. The problem now is this person has deleted me as admin on my own google adwords account and i have have no access to the ads that are running. It's like i don't have an adwords account.  If i delete my google account , will that prevent this person from running ads on the google account?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Account access

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Tricky. If you don't have admin access you cannot delete the account.

Hindsight is easy - but this is why it is always a good idea for clients to have their own Adwords account and grant you access either on a gmail account or through your own MCC account.

The best solution is going to be to simply ask them nicely to help you split out the campaigns - after all, there is only one account - and that cannot be split.

Setting up a new account - and then one of you can use AdWords editor to export your campaigns and import them into the new account - then delete them from the original.

I'm sorry, but there is no way to get around this without amicably working it out.

Account access

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Patrick, 

This is a complicated issue since it can often be related to contractual obligations and who really owns the account. 

Deleting your google account shouldn't stop the ads since the account should now be associated with the other account. 

Can you provide us with more information regarding the situation? 

best,

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Account access

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick D,

Along with the helpful replies from my colleagues, I would suggest that you use this information to submit the "lost account" form. This should provide the care you need. 

Kind Regards,

James

Account access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That sucks. If i delete the whole account i can't imagine how google adwords would still work without my information.

Account access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem that i have is that when i sign in now since i am no longer admin i get this message

Welcome to Google AdWords!

We'll help you sign up and start advertising in just a few steps. 

all that i remeber is this    Customer ID: 603-804-2039

Re: Account access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was my googles adwords account number: Customer ID: 603-804-2039

the person who took over my account is :  Rachel Reed: 309-193-6250

as you can see from this image below i am the original owner and i granted them access.

I don't see why google can't do nothing about this. This forum i am using the same google account as the image showsimage.png

Account access

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Let me ask you this then since i am so mad right now. how about i create another ad words account on the same email and run an ad that i know violates google policy and get my account disabled. will that effect the other person who using my account

Highlighted

Account access

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Patrick... there is clearly more going on here than meets the eye....

Firstly, if your email access has been removed from an account there is nothing you can do to access it - unless the account admin owner (which is Ms. R) grants you access.

I would advise you to firstly remove the identifying information you have posted above, and then think about an amicable way of getting to where you want to be. If what you want is an opportunity to export your campaigns so that you can port them across to another account I see no reason why this should not be something simple to arrange. 

But if this is not an option, then you are faced with a problem. You have no access to the account.

Let me ask you a question... who is paying for the ads?

Account access

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Patrick D,

I agree with Steve. 

Let's break this down a little more...

1) Your Google account is not your AdWords account. Deleting your Google account will only cause more issues.

2) The ads in one AdWords account have nothing to do with another AdWords account. 

3) When you assigned over admin rights to your account, you lost control of it. 

4) Creating more AdWords accounts brings no change to the lost account. 

5) Posting personal and account identity info in this public help community is only asking for more issues. 

6) If your billing & payments details are in use with that account, you need to be concerned for that and work through a solution with the person that is now the admin. 

Okay... with all of that said, why not contact support and ask for assistance? 

Kind Regards,

James

Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens
stickleback
Joshua R