AdWords
1.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, hopefully, someone can provide some help. I have an AdWords account that I had used once for about a month and then stopped the campaign. Before Black Friday I decided to set up a new Campaign. After setting up the ads, it said they were suspended (the ads) and the reason was "Gaming." Well, I can't seem to find out what that mean, my site sells skin care products and has nothing to do with "Gaming." The ads were basic and targeted towards keywords like 'Skin Care.' So I sent an email asking for a review and got an automated email back saying my account was suspended. Great, I don't even know what I have done.

Now I seem to be in an endless Google AdWords hell. I can't find any information as to why my account was suspended. I can't email or call since doing so only gives me automated responses that my account has been suspended. Is there any way to find out what has happened causing my suspension. Is there any way to talk to someone? I did call the number and was told I would need to be transferred to the AdWords account team. When the gentleman on the phone did that, he informed me that my account was suspended and that I would need to email. Emailing of course just tells me that my account is suspended. Is there any way out of this loop?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Account Suspended

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Well, it's weird that Google said your products are "Gaming", but skin care products probably fall under Google's policies against advertising medical products. If it's close to anything under their medical section, then Google won't allow you to advertise your products - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en

Account Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the thoughts. I agree that the "Gaming" part is odd which is why I am trying to seek clarification. In regard to the skin care falling under their medical section, we are not selling anything that would fall into that category. Further, while that would suspend the ads after I deleted them why would my account become suspended with no recourse. My concern is that my account is being associated with a site other than my own, but with no way to get any information I am not sure how to proceed.

Account Suspended

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

At the bottom of this page you can request a review: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031

The suspension is likely because of your skin care products, which fall under medical and they may need to be pre-approved before they can run. 

Account Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again. Requesting a review is what apparently caused my account to be suspended. I am now unable to do anything without automated emails telling me my account is suspended. However, I am not sure to find out why.

Account Suspended

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

By "gaming" Google means that you have attempted to "execute" techniques not allowed by webmaster  guidelines in other words: to "game " the system. This is considered one of the sever violations of  the AdWords Policy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Account Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Moshe, so since I followed the wizard for creating my ads and now my account is suspended any way to determine what caused this or what to do to get my account unsuspended? This was only the second ads I had ever set up, and I didn't do anything to my knowledge that would 'Game' the system.

Re: Account Suspended

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Brian H
What was the reason for suspension mentioned in the email received from Google? (Look for this email - it is the key for understanding the issue)
Please share the URL of the site suspended.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Account Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I never received an email giving me a reason for the suspension (which I mentioned in my email to them). The first email I did receive said the following. Hence my frustration as to not knowing why my account was suspended other than what is below.

While reviewing your account, we found violations of our AdWords policies in this or a related account. As a result, your account has unfortunately been suspended, and your ads will no longer run on Google. 

For information on the terms associated with AdWords account use, please review our Terms and Conditions at https://adwords.google.com/select/tsandcsfinder

If you have a prepaid balance remaining in your account, you can request a refund at any time by following the instructions at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1703646

If you believe that you meet all of our Terms and Conditions and want to make an appeal, fill out the following form: https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/pf_suspended

Please be aware that we can't process your request unless our Terms and Conditions are met.

Account Suspended

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Replied to soon, here is the first email.

Hello AdWords Advertiser,

Your AdWords account has been suspended because it doesn't comply with our Advertising Policies and our AdWords Terms and Conditions. Please note that this means your account and any related accounts have been suspended, you can't create any new accounts, and your ads will no longer run on Google, our search partners, or on Display Network placements.