AdWords
4.3K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Account Suspended - Suspicious Payment Activity

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear someone, i am desperate. I opened an Adwords account for a new web platform we are launching. I did a small test campaign and added a credit card. After 1 month i suddenly was told it had been suspended due to "suspicious payment activity". I filled out appeal forms but same answer every time that it was suspended. Even last tried to change the credit cared but again same answer. Credit card is used for multiple things on two continents, so maybe that could have triggered something... but the problem now seems that we are stuck in a no-go-loop  and Google will not listen to our appeal. We have put together a long description of our business and sincerity ... we are legit and need to do business with google. We are desperate as I do not want to change our company name and domain because of this. Maybe it will happen again so we need to know what is wrong. Would appreciate if we could get a real answer about what is wrong (if anything) so we can correct. 
Desprate need help from someone who can look into this. PLEASE!!!! Can send all documentation and appeals on request. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a volunteer forum for peer-to-peer advertiser support, so we do not have access to your account, and of course we cannot resolve billing issues. There is no one here that you should send documentation, this is not Google.

Sometimes Google permanently suspends an account, after that point they will not be responsive.  It sounds like you may have reached that point. If they are still responsive then you might be able to resolve it by following the instructions they provided.

Hope that helps at least to have additional information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Steve. This is an extremely frustrating situation. Almost Kafka like, being told something is wrong but they cant talk about it and there is no resolution. I get that google needs to protect itself but I feel like collateral damage from an automated proces. I am desperatly trying to find a person to call or e-mail that would at least look at the case... does someone like that exist? where to go looking?

Secondly I am considering opening a brand new account and new dedicated credit card, but maybe the domain is banned and we get the same problem?

Finally do I really need to rebrand my entire project for a new domain just because of some automated process with google. That is scarey.. and how to prevent it from happening again.

Sorry I let all this out here.. .just looking for some friendly advise from others who have been through this.. and what best cause of action is.

Rgds /Christian 

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I would not open a new account or rebrand... Google will know and the problem will become worse. 

I have never seen Google suspend an account without a good reason.  I don't believe it's automated; it's picked up by automation but they look at it. 

The best option is to look at the original suspension email which identifies the issue, then correct that.  But if you have been permanently suspended then it's too late for that. 

That's about all i have, to be helpful.  There may be others here who can offer additional insights.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Please share the URL in question

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’