AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Accidently got too far in account creation, can't get onto my businesses account.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I am _____, and I was recently hired by ____., a small locally owned store in ____

I was attempting to get my email _____ connected to my companies Adwords account _____

Doing so I accidently started making an adwords account with my email and when I wanted to accept his invitation to join that adwords account, it says I have hit my limit of AdWords association. I have attempted going through the sign-up process and cancelling in the account settings. Even though it says my account is cancelled, I still cannot connect it to the Adwords account I want to, I get the, "This Google Account is already associated with the maximum number of AdWords accounts. To proceed, please enter a different email address."

I just want to cancel mine and be able to associate it with the one for our site _____, does anyone have any ideas where I would find a DELETE adwords account, not just cancel?

Thank you for reading.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Martin T
September 2016

Re: Accidently got too far in account creation, can't get onto my businesses account.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Martin T,

This is something that happens from time to time and with the instructions provided below, we will have you back where you need to be. 

1) Please edit your post and remove all names and emails. This messages are indexed into Google and we don't want their business name showing up or your email account to be filled with spam... or worse. 

2) Go to your email provider of choice and create a new email address ( a temporary one). 

3) Go to AdWords with your main email and log in. 

4) We are now going to add the temp email as the admin of this accidental AdWords account. 

5) Go to email for temporary one and accept invite.

6) Go back to AdWords with your temporary email and log in.

7)  Remove your main email completely from the accidental AdWords account. 

Please note that between steps, you will need to log out of your Google account/AdWords and log back in with respective account to complete this. You must do things this way, as there is no way to simply delete the accidental account and get you back to where you need to be. Follow these instructions on how to add/edit/remove a user from AdWords. Learn more about access levels here

Further, I would recommend looking into a free AdWords Manger Account, which makes life easier when managing AdWords for more than one client/account.   

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Martin T
September 2016

Re: Accidently got too far in account creation, can't get onto my businesses account.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Martin T,

This is something that happens from time to time and with the instructions provided below, we will have you back where you need to be. 

1) Please edit your post and remove all names and emails. This messages are indexed into Google and we don't want their business name showing up or your email account to be filled with spam... or worse. 

2) Go to your email provider of choice and create a new email address ( a temporary one). 

3) Go to AdWords with your main email and log in. 

4) We are now going to add the temp email as the admin of this accidental AdWords account. 

5) Go to email for temporary one and accept invite.

6) Go back to AdWords with your temporary email and log in.

7)  Remove your main email completely from the accidental AdWords account. 

Please note that between steps, you will need to log out of your Google account/AdWords and log back in with respective account to complete this. You must do things this way, as there is no way to simply delete the accidental account and get you back to where you need to be. Follow these instructions on how to add/edit/remove a user from AdWords. Learn more about access levels here

Further, I would recommend looking into a free AdWords Manger Account, which makes life easier when managing AdWords for more than one client/account.   

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for responding!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Very welcome!

Please let us know if you need further help.

Kind Regards,

James