AdWords
1.6K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Accidentally set up adwords account when I need Adwords Manager account. Is there anyway to fix?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I mistakenly set up an Adwords account by hitting the wrong link. I need an Adwords Manager account for our small agency. Can this be resolved without setting up whole new email address when we have a perfectly functioning G-suite account under the original email address.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Accidentally set up adwords account when I need Adwords Manager account. Is there anyway to fix?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeff Staub,

The best thing would be to contact AdWords Support and let them help. 

Please note that setting up a AdWords account does negate that email from being used for a AdWords Manager Account, so you will want AdWords Support to completely cancel and remove the AdWords account and then proceed to set up a AdWords Manager Account after that is resolved. You would most-likely want to clear your browser cache after they are done, too. 

If you need further help, please just let us know. I am a badged Google Partner and have used a AdWords Manager Account for years... happy to assist with anything.  

Please let us know how this goes.

Kind Regards,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. Great suggestion, just hope Support are responsive.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeff Staub,

You are very welcome. 

My experience is that support is responsive and caring in making things great for AdWords users... and agencies. 

Without them getting involved, your only option would be to create a new email and use that to create the AdWords Manager Account (old name: MCC/My Client Center). 

Please do let us know how this goes for you.

All the Best,

James