AdWords
4.9K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

Access Levels on Manager Account Invitation Emails

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm looking for help regarding the access level requested on a MCC's invitation email to a regular account. I tested this with several different access levels and googled around for answers. It looks like administrative access on the MCC is required to send invitations, and the wording on the invitation email always says you're requesting the equivalent of administrative access?

The problem is that we are managing other peoples' accounts, and they may be reluctant to give us full access. We really only need standard access for our purposes. Is there any way around this?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello,

there is. Just pick any of your email adress(with Google Account), send it to them and tell them to grant whatever access level they feel like you need to.

Tomáš

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think I've tried this and haven't found it to work. If I send the invitation email to person X and X accepts the invitation. The account setting page on X's account will show a client manager, which is my account, and the only thing person X can do at this point are 

1. make me an "administrative owner"

2. terminate my access

There is no option to grant any other level of access.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Is person X the owner of the AdWords account, or an invited user with administrative access?

Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Person X has her own AdWords account that I'm trying to manage through my manager (MCC) account. This is not about giving other people access to my MCC. Does that make sense?