AdWords
2.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

A Third-Party Vendor Wants Access To My AdWords Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I manage an Adwords account for a client who wants to allow another vendor to run a test campaign.  That vendor has asked for Admin access to the Adwords account that I set up for this client to run the new campaign.  I've never been asked this before.  Is this standard procedure or an accepted best practice?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Interact R
March 2016

Re: A Third-Party Vendor Wants Access To My AdWords Account

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Interact R

I wouldn't call it standard, but it's certainly doable. An Adwords account can have multiple Client Managers.  I'd just make sure everyone's role is defined, and which campaigns belong to who.  The old adage "too many cooks in the kitchen" can apply with this kind of scenario.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Interact R
March 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Interact R

I wouldn't call it standard, but it's certainly doable. An Adwords account can have multiple Client Managers.  I'd just make sure everyone's role is defined, and which campaigns belong to who.  The old adage "too many cooks in the kitchen" can apply with this kind of scenario.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Well, this depends on various factors.
If we set aside the contract and focus on the practice, then  it is common to audit an account. Usually this is done after a consultation between the agency and the advertiser to hire a 3rd party to audit the account / campaign.
Two account mangers running simultaneously 2 campaigns on the same account is not a common practice and an unhealthy one. Unintentional change done by one party could affect and "mess-up" a campaign unintentionally.

Also note that running two competing campaigns simultaneously from different accounts (to test which performs better) could result in a violation of the "gain unfair practice" section of the Policy.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your comments. We actually would be pending our campaigns while the other campaign runs, so we're all good there. Your feedback is appreciated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks David. That's my thought as well.