AdWords
4.8K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

404 error "the requested URL was not found"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! I am having trouble with my google+ business account. If I follow the link from my website I can see the page.  But when if I click on the icon "you are a manager of this page, would you like to manage your page" or if I login and try to sign in and access my page from my account, I get a 404 error saying the URL was not found.  I don't see any sign that I have been blocked by google and can't verify anything as I can't access the back end of my page.  What can I do? Thanks for any help you can give.

Re: 404 error "the requested URL was not found"

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nancy, how are things?

If you're able to access the URL from other links, it's probably some error with that particular one. Before we jump into specifics, can you make some tests on standard things like:

- Clear cookies and data on your browser
- Try to access the same link from another browser
- Try to access to link by using Incognito mode of your browser (specially this one)

Let us know

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi leandrofm!

It is working in private browsing. Do you think just clearing cookies should fix this the? I will try after work today. Thanks!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nancy,

If it's working on private browsing, something is creating conflict on your normal browser instance. I'd definitely give a try o clearing cookies, and also checking for any plugins like AdBlocker or this type of thing Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, looks like it's working now but I have lost my map and spot on the right side in google. I did change my location, but I seemed to be verified for this. Is there anything I should do to get this up and running again? Thanks for your help!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Nancy, I think that now all you have to do is wait for the verification process again. Since you've requested a new one by changing location, it makes sense that becomes unavailable until the new one is verified Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.