AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

2 adwords accounts for 1 website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi community, 

I've been reading that it is a violation of Google Terms and Servings to have 2 Adwords accounts to promote the same domain. 

My question is if I can have 2 Adwords accounts to track the same domain for different countries. I have a web to Portugal that I'll be using in Brazil as well, so I want to put the remarketing tag of the 2 accounts. I won't be taking advantage as the targets are different.

is it posible and allowed? 

Thank you 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @DrWebSolution,

Though you have alternate options to separate the 2 types of conversions within one account, your reasoning seems legitimate. Despite that I for one would probably prefer using only one account.

If you feel more comfortable with 2, you're advised to contact an AdWords Rep via the cogwheel/3 dots in the upper right corner of your AdWords account and ask for an exception. Chances are it will be granted.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

The issue here is that at one point someone mistakenly uses both  accounts to target the same country, and that  is where the trouble starts... Why can't you use the same tracking  code on different campaigns? - The system knows to link the campaign and the code.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yup, you may want to just create different campaigns for the countries and set a single conversion code. If everything else is properly configured you'll see your conversion data attributed to the right campaign / ad group / ad copy / keyword / placement / age group etc. etc. I cannot see a reason for confusion unless you have an extremely specific approach.

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @DrWebSolution

yes its a vialation if you use different adwords account for same domain.

however if you want to use different adwords account for different country. You can link both your adwords account in that case it will not be a violation as both account will be automatically managed by system and will not be treated as suprate account

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

As @MosheTLV points out - you only need one slip up in your geo targeting (or remarketing for that matter) to inadvertently fall into double serving. If you do, and Google spots it before you do, you could have your account suspended and that could be seriously damaging.

Given that the same domain is being used for both languages, there seems to be no real reason not to have the two languages running within the single account. Segmenting the remarketing lists later is simple to do - just run one list for portuguese speakers and one for non portuguese speakers....

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Beatriz D

My best guess is that both countries speak Portuguese. Nevertheless segmentation cannot be a problem e.g. geographically.

The real issue that could in fact necessitate 2 accounts is currency.

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am the only manager of the accounts, so there will be no. It actually running fine Smiley Very Happy Thank you! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone! 

I needed two accounts only for practical reasons. I can enter each account and configure it better this way. I started to have only one account for both countries, but I don't feel confortable working this way, extracting data etc. Anyway, thank's everyone for the advice! 

Best regards!