AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

2 Separated Accounts | 1 Non-Branded Keywords - 1 for Branded Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm using 1 AdWords Account a the moment for an fashion webshop. 

I was wondering if it's a good idea to make a separate 'Branded only' AdWords Account. Because of the fact that a lot of conversions are being granted to the last AdWords click from my Branded campaigns. Because they're in the same AdWords Account right-now. I they're separated, the conversions will be granted to the last Non-Branded (NB) campaigns - because the branded is located in another account - which will give a more realistic view of the performance of those non branded campaigns. 

Hope you can follow me.. :-)

See an printscreennon-branded-branded.png

I would love to hear your advice!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: 2 Separated Accounts | 1 Non-Branded Keywords - 1 for Branded Keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Marc S

It can be done, but you'd just need to make sure no double serving would happen. For example, if your brand is "Bob" and you're selling blue widgets, you don't want both ads to trigger for the query "Bob's blue widgets."

I do think you can see the value of these non-brand campaigns in the same account with the assisted conversions report in multi-channel funnels set to Adwords only.

Two accounts for this just seems like more work to me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David,

Thanks for your answer,
I'm aware of the GA multi-channels assisted conversions report but than i have to match this data with the stats of my keywords in AdWords (like costs) isn't it?.. I would be great to see the stats in just one interface (AdWords)

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Marc S

yes, you are correct on that point.  As long as you're aware of the potential issues with multiple accounts, I'd say go for it if you feel it's the best for your needs in respect to goals and workflow.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

I disagree;
The rule of thumb is one business - one account (though multiple campaigns)
Promoting the same product / brand owned by the same business,   to the same targeted audience, by using different accounts  - is a violation of the "gain unfair advantage" clause of the policy. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MosheTLV,

I think there is a misunderstanding. I'm not promoting same product in different account.

Account A = only corporate (branded) keywords of the company. So the name of the fashion webshop
Account B = non-branded keywords for al the product they are selling. So brands, generic keywords etc..

So, we don't have the situation that one keyword will activate 2 Ads at the same time on a SERP.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Marc S;

This is a violation:

•  The same product (fashion  items made under the brand) is promoted by the same fashion house to the same audience (e.g. Fashion consumers) - a violation

It is irrelevant whether on one account you promote the fashion brand in general, and on the other account  you promote specific brand items. This should be done in 2 different campaigns using  a single account.

The keywords are not the criteria. In your scenario 2 ads could be shown. You never know which keyword could be matched to a query, hence the criteria were set differently, as explained above.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay.. i think the word BRAND is the cause of the confusion.. Or i don't get it :-).

This will be the situation:

Account A [corporate account] = keywords like --> "The Perfect Fashion Store" [the perfect fashion store] and +the +perfect +fashion +store
Account B =[account with brand] keywords like... Calvin Klein - Armin Jeans - G Star - Alexander Wang, Jeans, blazers, so on..

In account B, the corporate keywords like "the perfect fashion storen" and "perfect".. wil be excluded to make sure that all corporate search queries will match the right A account.

Still Violation?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Marc S;

Again; your criteria is wrong;

The criteria is what is promoted? (Branded fashion) to whom? (Fashion consumers who are searching for fashion brands) by whom? (The fashion resellers)

Those are all the same - hence you are in violation

The keywords  used to trigger the  ad  are irrelevant criteria. (This WAS - 2 years ago, one of the tests. No more, during the approx last 2 years, since the double serving had been replaced with a new clause: "gain unfair advantage").

I hope that the issue has been clarified . Set 2 campaigns,  under one account.