AdWords
2K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

100 keywords vs 10

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any need to have 100 keywords like this:
+Buy + Car + Online instead of a few broad ones like:
+Buy +Car
Does the CPC change?
I'm wondering cause i had my campaings created only with broad keywords ( 5-7 keywords with + )

Used to work the campaign through to have all of the keywords i can find, but should i use easier way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

100 keywords vs 10

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Actual cpc is dependent on many factors... 

A handful of broad match terms can cover more potential impressions than hundreds of exact match terms. If you are just starting a new account, then I would recommend a smaller account structure and a limited budget that you can afford afford to experiment with. Have a conversion strategy in place, keep mining the search terms report, then build out more account structure if/when the results actually merit the effort.

Tom

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2017

100 keywords vs 10

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Actual cpc is dependent on many factors... 

A handful of broad match terms can cover more potential impressions than hundreds of exact match terms. If you are just starting a new account, then I would recommend a smaller account structure and a limited budget that you can afford afford to experiment with. Have a conversion strategy in place, keep mining the search terms report, then build out more account structure if/when the results actually merit the effort.

Tom