AdWords
2.1K members online now
For issues or questions regarding logging in, account access, or account security
Guide Me
star_border

$100 credit after verifying my business

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I got $100 credit in adwords when I verified my address.  I'm trying to use it now and when I get to billing it tells me that I would have to spend $50 by November to get $100 in future credit.  This is not $100 free adwords as it was implied when I signed up to verify my business but a new condition on a new offer. How can I claim my original $100 in free ads?

To add - this $100 in future credit shows up as an "introductory offer" which further implies of a new offer and nothing to do with credits I have received before. 

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aida K
September 2016

Re: $100 credit after verifying my business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Aida,

Google is occasionally distributing various discount codes via a great number of channels. We do not know each of them since they are more associated with promotion than with account management that we focus on. However, the distribution of promotional credits is often associated with various preconditions like prior spending that you mentioned above. It is a legitimate way of promotion whether or not recipients like it. Hence I'd suggest everyone not to look a gift horse into the mouth.

The above said I cannot comment on your particular situation because it should be compared to the promise that was fine printed when you received your code.

Best,
Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aida K
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Aida,

Google is occasionally distributing various discount codes via a great number of channels. We do not know each of them since they are more associated with promotion than with account management that we focus on. However, the distribution of promotional credits is often associated with various preconditions like prior spending that you mentioned above. It is a legitimate way of promotion whether or not recipients like it. Hence I'd suggest everyone not to look a gift horse into the mouth.

The above said I cannot comment on your particular situation because it should be compared to the promise that was fine printed when you received your code.

Best,
Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Aida K,

To add to what @Lakatos already stated, I can say that I have seen hundreds or AdWords coupons in my career and that always have limitations, restrictions, terms of use, and stipulations. In other words, fine print. They might say Free $100 somewhere (like the front) and somewhere else are posted details (like the back) that state the terms of use. I have never seen one that was absolutely free with no further spend requirements, except for back in 2008. But they still had terms of use, and they had to be for new accounts only and many other restrictions. 

I am sorry I cannot add more help, but wanted to state what I did so you knew it was not personal or some type of action done against you after the fact. If you feel something more should be done, please go to your AdWords account, click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner, and call the Support line or click on Help and use another support method and tell Support your thoughts and see what they say. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi guys. Thanks for the responses. I expected as much. No, I do not take this against me personaly. Smiley Happy Thanks for the sentiment. However, it is quite easy to make things clear to folks when you give them something at the time you give them whatever you give them. Even if it is a two word (100 free adsense ... then add "not really" lol). If such a restriction was made clear I would have known about it at the time and not wasted time to find out what's going on with the promise that was made. I'm also getting old so I could have just forgotten. ha!

I wanted to be sure I did not miss anything that I could look into that deals with promotions that come directly for people that have verified their business by receiving postcards in the mail.

Thank you both for your time.

Cheers!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Aida K,

You are very welcome, and I like your thinking. 

If only everything in advertising was that clear, life would be... different, lol.

Your feedback is important and valuable, too. Thanks for giving it and happy surfing. 

Kind Regards,

James