AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

why some publishers are allowed to publicize vaporizers on google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've seen lately that some ads are popping out when I try to find vaporizers online, as far I know e-cigs and vaporizers are prohibited by google policy, is there preference for some of the publishers? is there any way to do it legally? I have some customers that are interested in publish ads but I want to be sure that this is allowed, or perhaps any policy change?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why some publishers are allowed to publicize vaporizers on google?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jorge,

I would be interested as well, but I'm not aware of a policy change in this regard. Are you referring to the search network or display? Are you sure they're AdWords ads?

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Jorge P;

Not all vaporizers are banned. Vaporizers which are not designed for smoking, are allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Moshe,

I was thinking of mentioning you here!
Is there a change in the policy for e-Cigarettes?
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Sumanth;

No. e-cigarettes   are banned. Butt as for smoking "facilitators" the Policy says:

>>"Products that form a component part of a tobacco product, as well as products and services that directly facilitate or promote tobacco consumption"

So, if you have a vaporizer  which could be retrofitted / modified,  while (initially) not sold for tobacco consumption - then  it would be hard for Google to ban it

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’