AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

why some publishers are allowed to publicize vaporizers on google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've seen lately that some ads are popping out when I try to find vaporizers online, as far I know e-cigs and vaporizers are prohibited by google policy, is there preference for some of the publishers? is there any way to do it legally? I have some customers that are interested in publish ads but I want to be sure that this is allowed, or perhaps any policy change?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why some publishers are allowed to publicize vaporizers on google?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jorge,

I would be interested as well, but I'm not aware of a policy change in this regard. Are you referring to the search network or display? Are you sure they're AdWords ads?

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Jorge P;

Not all vaporizers are banned. Vaporizers which are not designed for smoking, are allowed.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Moshe,

I was thinking of mentioning you here!
Is there a change in the policy for e-Cigarettes?
Sumanth Sridhar

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Sumanth;

No. e-cigarettes   are banned. Butt as for smoking "facilitators" the Policy says:

>>"Products that form a component part of a tobacco product, as well as products and services that directly facilitate or promote tobacco consumption"

So, if you have a vaporizer  which could be retrofitted / modified,  while (initially) not sold for tobacco consumption - then  it would be hard for Google to ban it

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’