AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

why do Nespresso keywords (NOT ads) get NO impressions??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a campaign to get traffic to my website www.antipodescoffee.com.au. It is an online store for Nespresso compatible pods. When I set up the campaign, the word NESPRESSO was blocked and I could not use it in any of my ads.
However I have used the word NESPRESSO in a lot of my keywords and it didn't seem to give any issues when I used it in my keywords list BUT now the only word to get impressions is the one WITHOUT nespresso. why are none of my nespresso keywords getting impressions?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Nespresso keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running a campaign to get traffic to my website www.antipodescoffee.com.au. It is an online store for Nespresso compatible pods. When I set up the campaign, the word NESPRESSO was blocked and I could not use it in any of my ads.
However I have used the word NESPRESSO in a lot of my keywords and it didn't seem to give any issues when I used it in my keywords list BUT now the only word to get impressions is the one WITHOUT nespresso. why are none of my nespresso keywords getting impressions?

Re: why do Nespresso keywords (NOT ads) get NO impressions??

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

When you hover mouse over the speech bubble of individual keywords which contains Nespresso, what message are you getting? Does it show some error message or any warning?

Pankaj

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

It sounds like they have contacted Google to prevent advertisers using their trademark in their advertising.

If you do a keyword diagnosis does it say they are being prevented by a trademark term?

I've come across this a lot in the auto industry when it comes to brand terms.

You can read up on the trademark policy here which might help make things clearer.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi,

From your domain name I am assuming that you are advertising in Australia.

Google will not investigate or restrict the use of trademark terms in keywords except some countries including Australia.

This is the wording from the policy

Trademark terms used in keywords

Google will not investigate or restrict the use of trademark terms in keywords, even if a trademark complaint is received.

Exception:Here is a case when the policy for keywords doesn't apply in the way described above:

• Ad campaigns targeting Australia, Brazil, China, Hong Kong, Macau, New Zealand, South Korea, or Taiwan are restricted in using trademarks in keywords (except for accounts that have been authorized to use that specific term). Keywords using the restricted trademark will not be allowed to trigger the ad. However, due to our broad match system, ads can appear for searches that include a restricted trademark term as long as the ad's actual keywords do not use the term.

Find more information here.

This is the reason behind no impressions for Newpresso keywords

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi;

Info is quoting the correct section of the policy for Australia; which I have never been able to fully understand: You can use the (brand-name) keyword, but this keyword would trigger the ad only if the search term is a synonym of the keyword.... So why use the brand-name as a keyword at all? Use the synonyms in a broad match...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’