AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

why do I have adult ads in my homepage (google.ca)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

when i go to my home page (google.com) i always have sex ads under the google search space? I want to know how to get rid of those adults ads.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: why do I have adult ads in my homepage (google.ca)?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Elefra81,

I'm not completely clear on what you are explaining here - I've personally never seen any ads on the Google homepage (well aside from a Nexus ad once if I'm not mistaken).

I'm wondering if you may have an issue on your computer, perhaps a browser hack or something along those lines.

Have you tried a different browser at all or perhaps a different computer to determine if the problem is widespread or only on your particular computer?

If by chance, I've completely misunderstood your query, please reply and see if you can elaborate a bit, a screenshot would be okay as well (maybe blur out ads if you can).

Keep us posted.

-Tom 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting them too - but only with CHROME - not with IE 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Stopped the problem by installing ADBLOCK - a free Chrome extension

N/A
# 5
N/A

why suggest to reply when you cant help us. I get ads under the google search area can I turn them off?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You can download AdBlocker for google Chrome and it wont show anyads, it migh say the ad company or Ads not by this site but you dont see any ads on the screen! Download link below:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/empty-title/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb/related?hl=en...

Once your there click add to chrome at the top right and it'll download then add it automatically, it fast simple and easy!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can easily removeHere is how to remove them permanently:
http://simpledeveloper.com/ads-showing-up-on-google-homepage/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Follow instructions here to remove all ads:
http://simpledeveloper.com/ads-showing-up-on-google-homepage/
I hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know it is a long time since the thread was made but i ended up here with this problem it was a unwanted extension.

The extension was not even a google ex so i do not know how it got there but i deleted it and the dirty ads were gone.

Hope this helps!!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2013.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.