AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

violation of ads

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently clicked on this ad showing under " Norton Support " keyword once I am at the antivirus support page. I got a small pop up saying my computer is infected with malware / virus please contact their toll free <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>. The pop-up ad does not gets closed no matter how many times u try and close. My screen got freeze and even after shutting down my pc I am getting the same pop-up from them every now and then. It's a bad experience to have such ads running on Google. The URL is <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> I tried filling the complaints form but it's ask for " Please copy and paste the ad's link location of the first ad " which I am not sure what that is?    

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager, in order to remove information which had the potential to put other forum members at risk.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: violation of ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ashish,

Your query is related to Google Web search. This community is strictly for Google Adwords related queries. We have a separate forum for Google web search related queries. You can post your query here.
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/websearch

Thanks,
Aravindh
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
September 2015

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Hi Ashish,

It sounds like you had tried to submit our Ad Feedback form. In order to get the link location, you need to right click on the ad, select "copy link address," then paste this into the box in the form.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Elizabeth 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, "copy link address" doesn't exist for many image ads.

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This year-old thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.