AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

usage of special character in keyword

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I would like the character "&" on my keywords. For exemple : Brand A golf & spa resort.

I'd like to use this character as this is in the brand name, and a lot of internet users are searching like that.

As i'm making some exact keywords match and not using the & is painful.

Normally this is against the rules (and tht's why it's denied when i'm trying to upload from editor), but is there a way to be able to use it?

Thanks for your help & support.

Best Regards

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: usage of special character in keyword

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

No, it's not against any rules, AdWords supports using the ampersand in keywords, you shouldn't getting any errors if you add the keywords "golf & spa". AdWords will consider "golf & spa" a different keyword from "golf spa".

On the other hand, here are some of the symbols that the system doesn't recognize:

Ignored symbols: You can add periods (.) or dashes (-) to your keywords, but we'll ignore this punctuation. That means we'll consider the keywords Fifth Ave. and Fifth Ave, for example, identical keywords.
Invalid symbols: You'll see an error message if you add keywords that contain certain symbols. Some of the symbols that can't be used in your keywords are: , ! @ % ^ * () = {} ; ~ ` <> ? \ |

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

No, it's not against any rules, AdWords supports using the ampersand in keywords, you shouldn't getting any errors if you add the keywords "golf & spa". AdWords will consider "golf & spa" a different keyword from "golf spa".

On the other hand, here are some of the symbols that the system doesn't recognize:

Ignored symbols: You can add periods (.) or dashes (-) to your keywords, but we'll ignore this punctuation. That means we'll consider the keywords Fifth Ave. and Fifth Ave, for example, identical keywords.
Invalid symbols: You'll see an error message if you add keywords that contain certain symbols. Some of the symbols that can't be used in your keywords are: , ! @ % ^ * () = {} ; ~ ` <> ? \ |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, how about the forward slash? Is this ignored or invalid.

i.e.
ABC/123

Our product numbers frequently contain forward slashes, so would like to know what to do in the case like above. A user could search for "ABC123" or "ABC/123" and in both cases we would want our ad to show.

TIA!
John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ahmed, thank you!

How about the following example:

'example.io' and 'exampleio' and 'example io'

Will there be any difference for adwords ?

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I use forward Slash in my Keyword