AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

usage of special character in keyword

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I would like the character "&" on my keywords. For exemple : Brand A golf & spa resort.

I'd like to use this character as this is in the brand name, and a lot of internet users are searching like that.

As i'm making some exact keywords match and not using the & is painful.

Normally this is against the rules (and tht's why it's denied when i'm trying to upload from editor), but is there a way to be able to use it?

Thanks for your help & support.

Best Regards

Alex

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: usage of special character in keyword

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

No, it's not against any rules, AdWords supports using the ampersand in keywords, you shouldn't getting any errors if you add the keywords "golf & spa". AdWords will consider "golf & spa" a different keyword from "golf spa".

On the other hand, here are some of the symbols that the system doesn't recognize:

Ignored symbols: You can add periods (.) or dashes (-) to your keywords, but we'll ignore this punctuation. That means we'll consider the keywords Fifth Ave. and Fifth Ave, for example, identical keywords.
Invalid symbols: You'll see an error message if you add keywords that contain certain symbols. Some of the symbols that can't be used in your keywords are: , ! @ % ^ * () = {} ; ~ ` <> ? \ |

Re: usage of special character in keyword

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, how about the forward slash? Is this ignored or invalid.

i.e.
ABC/123

Our product numbers frequently contain forward slashes, so would like to know what to do in the case like above. A user could search for "ABC123" or "ABC/123" and in both cases we would want our ad to show.

TIA!
John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ahmed, thank you!

How about the following example:

'example.io' and 'exampleio' and 'example io'

Will there be any difference for adwords ?

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I use forward Slash in my Keyword