AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

trademarked term message

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Morning,

I would like to offer training to nonprofits on using AdWords. I have a nonprofit and I have a Google Ad Grant.

I wrote a couple of AdWords ads announcing the training program and got this message:

Your ads in this ad group aren't showing because of the use of a trademarked term in your ad text.

Here is an example ad:

Beginning AdWords Grants

Learn to Get, Setup & Run Google's

$120k/yr Grant for your Nonprofit.

csd-i.org/nonprofit-adwords-course

I assume that the trademarked term could be either AdWords or Google.

I Googled AdWords Training and there are other businesses promoting AdWords Training in their AdWords ads and have both Google and AdWords in their ad text.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance!

Tim Magee

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: trademarked term message

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

The issue would be less centered around the trademark (since Google does allow limited use to advertisers to bid on their trademarks) and more around the Ad Grant itself. You may only use the Google Ad Grant for mission based ads and keywords, so unless AdWords/Ad Grants training is a part of your mission, you would not be able to run these ads under the Ad Grants policies. 

Re: trademarked term message

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Robert,

Thank you.

Pretty much we are a nonprofit that provides training for nonprofits (which is what we get funding to do) - so AdWords training should fit in.

It was a 3 - 4 years ago that I applied for Google for Nonprofits and Ad Grants.

Is there a place where I can see our profile to see what mission statement I submitted.

Sorry to ask - but when I try searching for it I go round and round and get nowhere.

Thanks again!

Tim Magee