AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

suspended for malware

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys

I have been having a problem with adwords my account has been suspended on 3 occasions for malware......apparently external websites have been maliciously linking to my website.

Now I am far from an expert when it comes to this thing, I have spoken to the gentlemen who built my magento site and he has not come across this before.

I spoke to my host (Tagadab) and neither have they so at the moment no one is sure how to permanently resolve the issue.  It's annoying the heck out of me as once suspended it takes about 2 days to get my account reinstated.

I have a contact at google but she says no one there can tell me what I should be doing to resolve this, has anyone here had experience with this?

Hers is one of the emails sent to me from google:

"Hi Michael,

Am sorry that you continue facing an issue. Your email prompted me to dig in and I do see your site <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> suspended again for malware because of the infected redirects <edited by a Community Manager as noted below> maliciously linking to your site.

What I'd suggest is that you not only go ahead and have these redirects removed, but also secure your site so that it is not vulnerable to external attacks, as the problem is not about malware hosted on your site but about infected redirects linking to your site, so your site goes down as well. Increasing your site security will prevent these external infected redirects from linking to your site making it more secure.

Therefore as I suggested, do go ahead and remove the redirects as an immediate next step but for a more long-term solution, increase your site security.

Though once the site is cleaned, things will automatically fall in to place, do drop me a line confirming the action on your end so that I can double-check on mine and ensure that everything is in place =)

Thanks"

NOTE: This post has been edited by a Community Manager in order to remove links which have the potential to put other members at risk. 
As a best practice, please do not post links to sites that are suspected of having Malware.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: suspended for malware

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

The problem definitely lies within your website. You can co-ordinate with your web developer to ensure that robust security measures are deployed on the website. 

For a CMS, there can be many reasons for frequent infections. Some of them can be: 

Outdated Content Management System

Outdated Plugins/Extentions

Malicious Plugins

Wrong Access Parameters defined for files/folders

Even cheap hostings

Connect with your developer and hosting provider to ensure that your website is secured from hacks. 

Thanks

Ratan

Join me on Google+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Michael,

You may need to get some assistance from folks over at the webmaster forums, they're much more equipped to help with malware etc...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/webmasters/malware--hacked-sites

Also, run a few searches for malware in google's help docs, there are lots of resources/tools available that may help you find and resolve your issues.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/163633?hl=en

Good Luck!

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello guys

Thanks for the responses, the problem was indeed with my site. I should be up and running shortly Smiley Happy