AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

reported misleading ad, nothing has happened

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I have reported multiple misleading ads, where the ad title says there are free products but when you go to the landing page, there is no free products but all of them are paid. Just wondering why this account has not been suspended for abusing the adwords policy.

Would be nice to get rid of these advertisers that are using misleading copy to drive traffic to their website.

Re: reported misleading ad, nothing has happened

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Hello Drock,

If that so, it is agaist Adwords policies. More specifically against this one: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020955

So you did the right thing by reporting it and hopefully those untruthful ads will get diaspproved soon.

Alex

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I hope it gets suspended because they have a ton of misleading ads and it's been well over a month since I reported it.

This is the ad title:

Free Unique WP Themes - Choose From 1000's of Themes

When you go to the landing page, there isn't a single free wp theme.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If you mean wordpress, their own website has tons of free themes anyway or maybe I'm confused.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
this isn't an ad from wordpress, it's an ad from a different company. We had client that got their entire account suspended by doing somewhat of the same practice, meanwhile these big spenders are allowed to do whatever they want and get away with it.