AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

remove policy violation ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I made a rookie error a couple years ago following a tutorial on adwords which created an ad that pointed to a site which violates policy for redirects.  Since then I created my own site and I've been going back and forth with adwords support to get the violation removed but they keep referencing that original campaing as still being in violation.  The ad was deleted but support says:

"Sites once advertised through your AdWords account and found to be in violation with our policies will always remain in your Accounts History and deleting or pausing of those Ads will not help for the Account Unsuspension."

So at this point I'm assuming this adwords account is pretty much dead and should just stop using adwords since you can't have more than one account?

Anyone have any advice?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: remove policy violation ad

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello cpedone1;

This is correct; Google is "tough" on its policy that once an account is suspended, neither the advertiser nor the account can advertise (further) with Google. There is no time limit on suspension accounts. In practice, they are suspendedforever.

There is neither appeal procedure nor leniency / "clemency" process in place.... All suggestions for setting a "return to advertise" process / procedure, for suspended accounts, were rejected / refused by Google.

Sorry that we cannot be more helpful.!

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good to know, thanks! I should have posted on here over a year ago, it would have saved me a lot of time.  I guess now I'm headed to yahoo.  Thanks to google for giving me all the advise so I can use it on yahoo.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

How long has it been since the first violation?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Over a year.