AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

remarketing to a health/disease site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay so I read further through what's allowed and not with remarketing and I'm not sure wether I fall into the allowed or not allowed category.

I want to use remarketing to people who have visited my site about diabetes (specific condition and disease) but can I use an ad that does NOT imply that I have knowledge about their condition?

For example: "Food to control your diabetes" would not be allowed since it implies I know about their condition. But would "Read about how I control my diabetes" be okay since it's focused on me, not on them - even though it is a specific condition?

Thanks in advance!

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: remarketing to a health/disease site

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Marcus,

Under 'what is prohibited' in creating remarketing list is as below.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/143465?hl=en

In creating remarketing lists, sites or apps that specifically advertise either a pharmaceutical drug or run awareness pages for disease information or prevention aren't permitted to use remarketing.

As per my understanding, the 'prohibition' is on creating and using a remarketing list, based on a specific medical condition, no matter how we are 'wording' the advertisement.

My 2 cents,

Deepak

Re: remarketing to a health/disease site

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello again

To follow with Deepak ( aka info) 

Google doesn't just look at the ad-text, but also on the final landing page the users are directed to;

In this case, as  Deepak mentioned, promoting (through the various targeting channels in Adwords) a site that promotes a cure for diabetes -  is prohibited.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

:Follow-up question:

What if the product is not a cure? What if it's a cookbook/recipe book that is specific for Diabetes patients? Do you think that would be against the policy as well, @MosheTLV?

Thanks for your great insights! Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies since it is from 2013. 

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.