AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

redirect URL but same content

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i have made campaign and approved with url www.****.myshopify.com/collections/*****

and if i'm redirect url to another domain but same url

like this www.******.com/collections/******

and same content

its will be okay or allowed or what ?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dscvxzv a
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

As Lakatos states, my info is based on what I understand from your help inquiry. Let's break it down a little more...

If you ads use www.****.myshopify.com/collections/***** for the URL... there should be no use of www.******.com/collections/****** with the URL of your AdWords ads. 

To explain AdWords use of a URL... ads have a visible URL, which is the display URL and this tells people where they are going if they click on your ad. Once they click, your destination URL is what is actually used with your ad. Together they make up your ad's URLs. What this comes down to is that your ads use www.****.myshopify.com/collections/***** and that means all traffic must see/use/end up at: www.****.myshopify.com/********. No other domain should come into play in any regard. 

You can read more about destination URL policy here

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

Your display URL must match the destination URL after all redirects. You cannot advertise one domain and then redirect traffic to another domain. You can read more about destination URL policy here

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what u mean about display url and destination url

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @dscvxzv a,

"if i'm redirect url to another domain but same url"

What does the above mean in the first place? How should we interpret your concept of "the same url but different domain"?

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i mean now i have running ads and approved and domain is *********.myshopify.com if i do forward to another domain but same content and same hosting same everything its will effect or will running as normal

check this pic >> http://prntscr.com/f3jtis

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dscvxzv a
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi,

As Lakatos states, my info is based on what I understand from your help inquiry. Let's break it down a little more...

If you ads use www.****.myshopify.com/collections/***** for the URL... there should be no use of www.******.com/collections/****** with the URL of your AdWords ads. 

To explain AdWords use of a URL... ads have a visible URL, which is the display URL and this tells people where they are going if they click on your ad. Once they click, your destination URL is what is actually used with your ad. Together they make up your ad's URLs. What this comes down to is that your ads use www.****.myshopify.com/collections/***** and that means all traffic must see/use/end up at: www.****.myshopify.com/********. No other domain should come into play in any regard. 

You can read more about destination URL policy here

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for help i understand now