AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

"free desktop software" policy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

We had created an Ad in google adwords couple of weeks before, the Ad got disapproved. When I see the reason it is mentioned "Unsupported content:Free desktop software". I checked with google support team, they asked me to fill this form (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/contact/advertise_software_pol), after google's approval, I can re start my Ad by adding the software name to the ad copy. It is still under approval.

My question is , our software is not the desktop software. It is SaaS (Software as a service) product. Buyers use it on subscription basis. We offer free trial of saas product in our ad. This policy applicable to saas products as well?

Please help me with this.

Thanks,

B.Dhivya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "free desktop software" policy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Dhivya M 

Are you the developer of the software?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: "free desktop software" policy

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Moshe, Product Name is "LeadSquared". We have our own developement team.

Re: New policy update - Register Free desktop software

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dhivya,

Are you following the below requirements?

1. You can promote free desktop software only if your ad leads to the authoritative online distribution source of that software. Also make sure that your ad includes the name of the specific software.
  2. If you are the publisher of the specific software the your ad promotes, apply to register your site as the authoritative distribution source. We'll review your application and see if we can approve your disapproved ads.
  3. If your ad leads to a site that's not the authoritative online distribution source, you won't be able to promote free desktop software

Link for your reference - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6023676. If you still have issues then i guess recheck with the support team.

Regards

Rohit Khanna

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Dhivya M;

Please refrain from multiple postings on the same subject. As you can see, this could cause a confusion while we are  trying to help.

Are you the developer of his software and holds the rights to the software?  or are you a distributor?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV, sorry for the inconvenience caused by me. Yeah, we are the developer of software & holding the rights. it is cloud based software, the policy is applicable to Saas product as well? (www.leadsquared.com).

Please help me with this to avoid confusion,how to delete my multiple postings on different section?

Thanks,
B.Dhivya.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Apart from the authoritative software distributor registration, I think there is an issue with your business model which violates the "spam techniques"  clause.

Based on my experience, unless you change your business model, you will not be able to promote your site on Google.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
@MosheTLV I didn't get you. Why should we change the business model? Changing business model into what? LeadSquared is a cloud based marketing automation software. If LeadSquared need to change the business model , then all the other cloud based marketing sofwares( like Marketo, hubspot, zoho crm, pardot etc) wil have to change their business model?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Ad deep  and more thorough  review  of the site is needed here, but at first glance, there is a violation of spam techniques, by offering "Email + SMS Campaigns" and "lead distribution".

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
"Email + SMS Campaigns" and "lead distribution" are features of our product. How it could violate the policy? Could you please explain it to me?