AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

"free desktop software" policy stopping genuine advertisers

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a software distribution business in India where I distribute licensed software for interior design industry.

I am an authorized distributor of all the products listed on my site www.haks.in

Until Jan-2015 we used to advertise on google from almost 3 years and suddenly this policy has stopped us from advertising on Google.

The way business model works is that people come to my website > fills up a lead form > our sales representative gets in touch with customer > setup a demo remotely > if they like the product they pay the license fess and we ship them licensed version of the software.

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Can any expert help? 

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines, in order to protect privacy and account security.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "free desktop software" policy stopping genuine advertis

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Have you checked which policy is it violating?
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Its says...

This ad has been disapproved.

Site policy: website can't be advertised
Ad policies: Unsupported content free desktop software

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Have you been through this page? Under 'unsupported content' you can see the requirements to advertise free software.

"Promotion of free desktop software, unless the ad includes the name of the specific software being promoted and leads to the authoritative online distribution source for the software. The authoritative source must not have a history or reputation of policy violations."

If you think you comply to all of them, you can contact Google to seek clarification. However, if you think you don't comply, I'd recommend making the required changes to your ads and let them be reviewed by Google.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have tried all remedies...

I have tried...

1. Submitting online form for manual reviews on sites advertising desktop softwares (no luck)

2. Updated all information on website like uninstall information, ELUA etc (no luck).

The biggest worrying part is that what exactly is violating their policy is I am not able to understand. I am not giving any softwares to download.

I am in to software distributaion business and I am the exclusive/authorized distributor for all the software I am selling on my website.

There is no way people can download any software from my website, they can request demo by filling up form and then we show them demo via remote access (teamviewer etc) and then they pay for full software license and we ship them physical product.

I was able to advertise on google since Dec-2014 for almost 2.5 years.

I really need some help here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Hi,
Hi, Sumanth Sridhar plz see my problem and help
My website www.alquranstudy.com has been suspend and Ad got disapproved. When I see the reason it is mentioned "Unsupported content:Free desktop software. But I am not using any desktop software. What mean Unsupported content. plz help me what i should do? I am not understanding plz solve my problem. How i fix?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've found myself in the same limbo; applying as the authorised publisher / distributor is pointless.

The name of my software is MK Express, the web site is http://MKExpress.com and the ads all have MK Express in the title and the software is NOT free, but still no joy.

But all is not lost, this has prompted me to look at other ad services with really good results. I strongly suggest that if you find yourself in this trap, look around, there are better services out there.