AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

"We wanted to alert you that one of your sites violates our Advertising Policies"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I've uploaded my first website about 10 days ago & I was waiting for google to notice it.

3 days ago I've decided to try and use AdWords to get the website going.

2 days ago I got the folloing email from google Adword:

We wanted to alert you that one of your sites violates our Advertising Policies and as a result we aren't displaying ads for any URLs on that site. Please note that any new ads pointing to that site will also be disapproved.

If this is an error, we want to get your ads back up and running as quickly as possible, and your Google team is here to help. Here's the account and URL:

Customer ID: 325-938-2520
    Display URL: poolcleanersautomatic.com

The name of the policy is: Spam techniques
    More information about this policy, including how to correct problems:http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1310879&guide=1308243&page=guide.c...

I tried to look up in there policy in which way did my site violate there policy but it gave me a big list & I don't know what part of the long list was the thing that I did wrong.

P.S - if Adwords found my website to be using "spam technics" does it meen Google is not going to list it aswell?

Thanks for the help,

Jasmine

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "We wanted to alert you that one of your sites violates our Advertising Policies"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello bauerjas; welcome;

Do you have any other links to external sites except the one to Amazon? ( Amazon seems to be legitimate, since offering the products listed on the site)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: "We wanted to alert you that one of your sites violates our Advertising Policies"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe

No I don't. all of my links are to Amazon products 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

bauerjas;

I have forwarded your case to Google for reviewing. I don't see an indication of a policy violation, but, Google has tools and know-how in html coding that I don't have. (Usually the bot that checks the site would not trigger a spam violation without finding an "html spam coding" in the page source. However, it is a machine - it could be wrong! - Even if it is a Google machine! Smiley Tongue )

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for the help
Can't wait to see what google says Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

@bauerjas wrote:

The name of the policy is: Spam techniques
    More information about this policy, including how to correct problems:http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=1310879&guide=1308243&page=guide.c...

I tried to look up in there policy in which way did my site violate there policy but it gave me a big list & I don't know what part of the long list was the thing that I did wrong.

Might be this one:

Template or pre-generated "ready made" sites

Google doesn't allow template or pre-generated "ready made" sites intended to profit from AdSense ads or ads from other publisher networks.

You don't sell the pool equipment yourself?  All you're doing is linking to Amazon??

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

OHH;

I was thinking he was an on-line distributor / reseller of robot cleaners for pools...(But in a second thought, if he were, there would be at least a phone number to call....)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My website is not a "Template or pre-generated "ready made" site" but I am an Amazon affiliat & not an on-line distributor.

Does google not allow affiliated websites? or does google adsense don't allow affiliated websites?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

bauerjas;

There are some affiliates that Google does not allow. In another discussion, a Google Rep said that Amazon should be OK. Let's wait for Google's answer (As said, I referred your case to be checked again.)

Keep us posted on the findings, after Google contacts you.