AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

"Syndicated" AdWords Management

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work for an agency in which we manage AdWords for several clients in the same industry vertical.   In our attempts to streamline deployment and management of AdWords campaigns we have connected all of our client AdWords accounts to a tool that allows us to create Ads once and then repurpose them over multiple client accounts.  Ideally this tool will look at the destination address in our ad and then based on the client who's ad the Google user clicked on will serve up the appropriate landing page.    For example in the Destination URL we place  www.abcgroupinc.atworkweb.com/MFP-buyers-guide-konica-minolta   in which abcgroupinc.atworkweb.com is a placeholder that our third party application sees and then replaces with our clients website URL for the correct landing page, but my display URL may be something like  www.techbuyersguides.com .     Is this where the problem is?   

I'm wondering if based on what I'm reading here about the Display URL and Destination URL needing to be the same if what we're trying to do is even possible.   

Clear as Mud?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Syndicated" AdWords Management

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jon;
If I got you correctly, I don't think this would work - the display URL MUST match the destination URL - which is the landing page the user "lands" on AFTER all redirects.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: "Syndicated" AdWords Management

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Jon m

I believe in your scenario Display url is different from destination URL.

Please visit below link for more clarity on URL Concerns :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404246?hl=en