AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

"Site suspended" - Site policy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a site who has been using adwords for the last 2 years for quite a few campaigns with no problem.

the site is an Ecommerce site with all unique product and content , great performance in SERP (non-adwords) and in general a good site.

today i have set up a new campaign and suddenly i get my ads "Disapproved"  for "Site Policy"

tied checking the help link attached (http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1704383&from=190447&rd=1)

all it says i should get a mail saying what is the problematic policy ,  than after i got a mail saying only that:

====================
Disapproval Reason
====================
Site Policy: We've determined that your site doesn't comply with our
site policies. Because of this, any ads promoting this site have been
disapproved.

For more information about suspended sites, please see:
http://adwords.google.com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190447&utm_source=google&utm_medium=...
--------------------

it does not specify the problem policy, so i have no idea what to fix.

i have tried setting up some more campaings for this site and got "Site Suspended"  message.  i have sent mail to the adwords support with no reply so far.

-  I have removed remarketing TAG from the site code
- Verified that my provacy policy is ok
- not running any scripts or anything on site and in genaral nothing changed since the lst time i have set up a campaing for this site,  so what can be wrong than?

domain is: herb.co.il

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Site suspended" - Site policy?/ Healthcare Policy

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi talprihar;

Well ...If I were fluent in Hebrew, as the language on your site, I would post on the Hebrew forum. Smiley Happy

Had you reviewed the AdWords policy, you would have noticed that your site, with no doubt, violating the Healthcare and medicine section of the Policy.[1]

Hence you cannot advertise your site using AdWords.

Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:[1]

• Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients
  • Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing or treating a disease or ailment

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe, Thanks for reply -

But this is not correct,  my site does not contain even 1 product that is:

• Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients <------  (What cproducts do i have there? not even 1)
  • Non-government approved or non-prescription products that are marketed in a way that implies that they're safe or effective for use in preventing or treating a disease or ailment <------  (What cproducts do i have there? not even 1)

it just contains some accessories....

anyway the reason im sure is that by now i got reply from adword soupport saying my site vaiolated the "tobacco products" policy  -  (rolling papers and pipe)  and they asked me to remove them.  which i did now and replied back.

How long does it usually take to restore the site after fixing the issue?

Thanks!

(And do we really have hebrew forums? if you could post a link it would be great Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author talprihar
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Though some would say, that my my Hebrew is "limited", Smiley Tongue - a glance example (one of many more), for the non-Hebrew speakers on this English site:

ארומתרפיה היא סוג של רפואה טבעית בה נעשה שימוש בחומרים צמחיים נדיפים המוכרים גם כשמנים אתריים ובמגוון של מרכיבים ארומתיים כאשר מטרת השימוש היא לשפר את בריאותם של אנשים או ליצור שינויים לטובה בתפקודם הקוגניטיבי.

With the courtesy of Google translate:

Aromatherapy is a form of natural medicine, that uses volatile plant materials, also known as essential oils and a variety of aromatic compounds, when the purpose of the use is to improve the health of people, or to create positive changes in cognitive functioning.

Please post on the Hebrew forum, and you will be assisted. (Though, I Have serious doubts that your site will be approved).

Carefully read the policy before posting! The Policy clauses I have provided in my first answer, are only examples. There are more!

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author talprihar
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe ,

the part you translated is just an article... not a product Smiley Happy

when i saw Moshe i assumed you speak hebrew,

And believe me i have read the policies many times before but since this site is an active advertiser for like 2 years now it was a new problem here ...   products were always the same, anyone hope this will be sorted out soon as i have removed the products the support told me to, if no,  well,  we will figure out some solution Smiley Happy

Thanks for help!

Tal.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Please note that as  for  AdWords Policy; it's not only the products/ services you sell. It is the content of your site. The content of your site violates the healthcare section of the Policy!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Got you , Thanks, will try to fix all issues ASAP Smiley Happy

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

Hi Moshe,

I'm not going to wade into this one in any detail, mostly because I can't read Hebrew and this kind of thing is often too subtle for Google Translate.  But I think aromatherapy is a gray area.  If a site specifically promoted it as a way to cure a disease, I'm 99% sure that would violate the policies.  But if it were promoted as being soothing, relaxing, spiritual, or whatever, then it may be OK.

I'm not sure how much this matters, but I'm curious now.  I'll ask about it next time I talk to any of the policy folks.

Laura

AdWords Review Engineer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just Some details from my side:

* site is not about aromatherpahy -  just happen to have a blog post about that which is saying pretty much what you can read about aromatherapy in wikipedia

* nothing about curing diseases and stuff like that in any of the products

* site is not promoted in anyway related to aromatherapy

and final:  site been reviewd by adward support and they said they can see i removed the problematic product that was on the site (rolling papers)  and that they have submitted it for approval again -  i will be happy to update if it did acctually got approved Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Laura;

The quote I brought is one example. I wanted to spare my time translating. "translate" did a pretty good job ...

I think we're replicating the case of the plastic surgeon, of violations, on number of pages. (And I did not review all pages.) This site has content (i.e home page and articles) with references to aromatherapy as curing, and "natural healing products" (e.g natural Ritalin sold under the name : Retalex, or "healing properties" "evaporated herbs").

@Tal: I disagree with the Google agent you talked to. In order to comply with the Policy, you'll have to remove items sold, and make sure that the content (=text written) is in full compliance with the Policy. If you remove only a few products, I dare to say, that a reviewer (who is fluent in Hebrew) will NOT approve the content: then you fall into the risk of repeated violations....