AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

"Item does not meet the editorial guidelines" Error causes more errors!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I like to add keywords from Query explorer (Search terms) for last 30 days for certain AdGroups. Almost every single time I do this (add multiple entered manually) for certain AdGroups,  I get the following error(s) after clicking on Save.

(!) Item does not meet the editorial guidelines

When I revise said keyword(s) per guidelines, I get the following error [EDIT: Correction, when I remove]

Keyword is required

It never allows me to add the keywords I have listed. I would then have to copy each keyword one-by-one, which waste a-lot of time.

See Screenshot
(The adgroup in the screen shot are broad keywords used for my "Query Finding" adgroup. Many queries contains trademarked terms or terms that do not meet guidelines. When I attempt to add tehse terms I get teh errors.  Google AdWords query ex[plorer Add Keywords Error

Solution: Create "Add Valid Keywords" and "Remove  Invalid Keywords" function. This way I don't have to go back over the list over and over and over and over and over again...

Re: "Item does not meet the editorial guidelines" Error causes more errors!

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maxroizer,

It's very difficult to read the screenshots. What keywords are you trying to add?

Zee
G+

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee,

The client sells insurance products. This Ad Groups pertains to Drug Plans. The following words and phrases contained in keywords triggered the following “(!) Item does not meet the editorial guidelines“

Alert Keywords
“drugs”, “prescription drugs”, “drug plans”, “pharmacy plans”, “{trademarked phrase/term}”, “rx”, “plan b”, “supplement”

Client has credentials to display ads for these keywords. These keywords are approved by adding them manually into adgroup(s) and clicking on exception form box.

The errors came from query explorer

Keywords > Keyword Details > Selected|All

I wish the Query Explorer/Keyword Details would allow the same exemption box as it does for normally submitted keywords.

Thanks

M

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maxroizer

For now the Search Term report doesn't have the features you are asking for. Do you use AdWords Editor? I'd suggest you download the report in CSV file and use the Editor for implementing changes.

More information:

Zee
G+

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee,

Thanks for your suggestion. I currently used the editor as you described.

Re: "Item does not meet the editorial guidelines" Error caus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Zee, encountering the very same problem.
It saddens me to think that a mega giant like google corp. is so poor in supplying answers to the core of its existence..
I'm sorry but something here simply doesn't add up.