AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

"Issue Resolved" then "Website can't be advertised"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have the following ad:

Turn Ideas into Products

theproductstartup.com
Use these free tools to design, build, and sell your products!

Pointing to this landing page:

http://theproductstartup.com/free

I've read this policy and I can't understand what I'm violating:

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?rd=1

Landing page data is hosted by ConvertKit.com BUT under my url and the url on the ad. There is no redirection.

First, my site was suspended because I started to create my campaign while the site was under maintenance. I launched the site and resubmitted the site for review. An hour ago Google sent an email saying the issue was resolved. Now status for the ad is "Disapproved" because Site policy: website can't be advertised.

This is frustrating. I really wish the error codes were more specific.

Thanks in advance,

-Filip

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "Issue Resolved" then "Website can't be advertised

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

You are violating a number of sections of the Policy;
The information harvesting, the "download and install" clause  (even if this is not a software), and if I enquire future, I will find more.
What is your business model? How are you going to earn money from advertising in this site?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the insight.

This is so bizarre to me. All ecommerce websites sell a product and should then be labeled as "information harvesters".

On this landing page I am giving a free eBook in exchange for a visitor's first name and email address. I'm not collecting any prohibited information. I assume if I sold a paper version of the book I wouldn't be in violation?

I've created the site to give out a lot of free information. I have no revenue right now. Eventually this may turn into something but I don't plan on showing ads. To increase traffic and repeat visitors (subscribers), I'm trying to give away a free ebook in exchange for a newsletter sign up.

It seems like I should just point the ad to the main page (http://www.theproductstartup.com) or a specific article instead? I'm not sure that's worth the cost then. Thank you again for the feedback.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

"On this landing page I am giving a free eBook in exchange for a visitor's first name and email address."

This practice is not allowed. (I.e. giving free gifts in exchange for person info)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.

Does this mean I cannot do that anywhere on the site, or that I just cannot advertise that page?

Later, if I want to advertise a webinar (an online workshop),  can I advertise the sign up form with Google? No one has to install anything, but I would be "collecting their information" to send them the event details.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Filip V wrote:

Thank you.

Does this mean I cannot do that anywhere on the site, or that I just cannot advertise that page? - You cannot advertise the site.

Later, if I want to advertise a webinar (an online workshop),  can I advertise the sign up form with Google? No one has to install anything, but I would be "collecting their information" to send them the event details. - A sign up form is does not fall under "collecting personal information in exchange for free gifts",  as long as the landing page has added value content to the user, and no "free gifts" awarded for  filling the form.  As said,  the landing page MUST have an added value content (e.g the a a brief of the webinar).

Your  site is currently suspended. If you don't fix the site the AdWords account will  be suspended, and you will not be able to advertise with Google further,  no matter what. 

I would strongly encourage you to read and understand the Policy, before moving forwards with advertising on Google.