AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

"Headline 2 is required" but "Cannot edit removed entities" contradiction

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

After logging on to our NGO's account (Google Grants account) after some staff changes lead to a period of inactivity I have found that it has been disabled

"Your account isn't active - Your ads aren't running because we've disabled your account. Contact us"

I expect that we have unfortunately fallen foul of the Active Management Policy.

Before I try to reinstate our account by "contacting the adwords team" I am also trying to fix our only disapproved ad. It was disapproved because there was a spelling mistake which made the destination URL invalid.

I can correct that destination URL but for some reason the "Headline 2" field is also blank. If I try and submit the ad for review with the correct destination URL but no Headline 2, it will not submit as it says "Headline 2 is required". However, if I add a Headline 2 and try to submit it, it also will not accept it because it says "Cannot edit removed entries"

If there is a solution for this contradiction, or alternatively if I need to try something else to re-instate my NGO's account, I'd be super grateful to hear it. 

Thanks,

Ilyaz

1 Expert replyverified_user

"Headline 2 is required" but "Cannot edit removed entities" contradiction

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Just write a new ad from scratch and delete the old one.