AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

"Headline 2 is required" but "Cannot edit removed entities" contradiction

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

After logging on to our NGO's account (Google Grants account) after some staff changes lead to a period of inactivity I have found that it has been disabled

"Your account isn't active - Your ads aren't running because we've disabled your account. Contact us"

I expect that we have unfortunately fallen foul of the Active Management Policy.

Before I try to reinstate our account by "contacting the adwords team" I am also trying to fix our only disapproved ad. It was disapproved because there was a spelling mistake which made the destination URL invalid.

I can correct that destination URL but for some reason the "Headline 2" field is also blank. If I try and submit the ad for review with the correct destination URL but no Headline 2, it will not submit as it says "Headline 2 is required". However, if I add a Headline 2 and try to submit it, it also will not accept it because it says "Cannot edit removed entries"

If there is a solution for this contradiction, or alternatively if I need to try something else to re-instate my NGO's account, I'd be super grateful to hear it. 

Thanks,

Ilyaz

1 Expert replyverified_user

"Headline 2 is required" but "Cannot edit removed entities" contradiction

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Just write a new ad from scratch and delete the old one.