AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

possible to open second account for advertising part of domain only?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google Adwords Forum,

I have a sort of dilema, and would like to ask your opinion in regards to Google Adwords Double service policy.

I have a prospective client, who happens to be a hotel in a large worldwide chain . this client asked me to do the Google Ads locally.

Now the hotel has only website presentation on their corporate website. For example:

Corporate Website: www.worlwidehotel.com

Local Property Website: www.worlwidehotel.com/indonesia

I know that the corporate website is actively doing google ads on general basis (i.e keyword "worlwidehotel"), targeting the main domain www.worldwidehotel.com only

Would Google allow it for me to open an account and advertise the local property "www.worldwidehotel.com/indonesia" only, with a different and geo specific keyword set? or is this against google Double Service policy?

thank you so much in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: possible to open second account for advertising part of domain onl

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lookbali,

Technically it might be possible to open second account for advertising part of your domain but legally its a violation of ad serving policies.

I can understand your issue but it is aginst the policy. You may be banned for doing this. Rather having a second account you can manage the same activity in your existing account effectively.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lookbali
September 2015

Re: possible to open second account for advertising part of domain onl

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello;

Is the local hotel an independent business owned by locals under the hotel chain band and standards, or it is owned and run by the hotel chain?

If it is a local business associated  with the brand you can target is separately; however, only one  ad will be shown on the SERP. (So the worldwide campaign and the local will compete which ad is shown).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Hello Moshe, thank you so much for your reply.    it is a...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Moshe, thank you so much for your reply. 

it is a locally owned Hotel, using a luxury Hotel world wide hotel brand  (i think this brand manages 16 hotels worldwide) and management appointed by this brand. 

to give you an example using another hotelchain, the Fourseason's around the world are actually brand franchises, where the buidling is owned by locals or local business, using the Fourseasons brand. 

so basically, here we have the corporate website www.fourseason.com, but the property website in Bali (for example) is www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranbay/ . 

Just for example sake, the management at Fourseasons jimbaran bay hotel asked me to do Google PPC for them, however the corporate www.fourseason.com is already using a famous international PPC company.

May i open an Adwords account for fourseason jimbaran bay only, and target the ads to www.fourseasons.com/jimbaranbay without violating google T&C and risking the scorn of their corporate management?

i understand that the Google Double Service Ad policy is discouraging but not explicitly prohibiting.  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Hello Moshe, thank you so much for your reply. it is

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

If the local owner is a separate business entity (e.g. "Bali luxury hotels LTD), running the hotel under the "Fourseason" brand and pays the AdWords bills - You could do that.

But remember; only one ad will be shown on SERP. The global campaign will compete with the local one, if keywords from both triggers the ad.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

thanks for your reply again. Greatly appreciated.

But the domain and webpage of "fourseason.com/jimbaranbay" does not really show the owning companies name "bali luxury hotels LTD" . Dont you think that google will issue a "red banner of suspension" , which might be difficult to get out again, due Google can not see this Owning companies name on the "fourseasons" website?

Cheers,

Lookbali

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

The owner is defined by the account owner details, on the billing tab. I said: the local owner has to be the one pays for the campaign and an invoice issued to the local owner (or to the agency running the campaign on his behalf)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe , appreciate your input greatly!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe,

based on the information gathered from this thread, I am now successfully running an adwords account for the client with this unique situation, for several months (with a large ROI - actually the largest ROI among all of my clients). However for one major keyword, it seems that the corporate company is also running a phrase match on adwords and subsequently competes against with my campaign. For example:

- Corporate company uses keyword "Hotel"
- Local company uses keyword "Hotel Bali"
- The Search Query is : Hotel Bali

for above search query it is always the corporate ad, which shows up. Even though, the quality score for my keyword "Hotel Bali" is 10, and i have set a high CPC.

Would you have a recommendation available on how my ad could show up instead, or maybe why it is the corporate ad that keeps showing up instead of mine for this particular search query?

thank you!

Kind Regards,
LookBali

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hello Admin L;
They are probably bidding higher; I personally don't think that an ad should by "all means" win the first position; If your ad is in one of the 3 top positions (so you could get sitelinks to appear) with a nice ROI (as you mentioned) - I wouldn't raise the bid just to win the first place.