AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

popup in other pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi I just want to know if its ok  with the adwords policies to have a popup on my site but not on the landing page.

So lets say:

1. User click my adwords ad

2. User lands on my landing page (without no popup, a clean page)

3. Hoping that user liked my content he goes to another page

4. I deliver great content again on that page (second page) and when user wants to leave my website I display a popup trying to get the user to subscribe or to follow on socialmedia

Re: popup in other pages

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello memo,

Thank you for using the Adwords Community Forum to assist you with your concern regarding exit pop ups on landing pages.

Unfortunately, per our editorial guidelines, Pop-ups of any kind are not allowed.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/175904?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
This would violate adwords policy. Suppose he clicks on your ads and then once reaches ur site click back button, it would open pop up which is against adword policy...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Kandarp for your feedback. If i will chat option with survey, will google allow this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey thanks for the resource... I read it, and I noticed something interesting: in this policy they are refering to the "landing page" right? but not to the whole site. What I am planning to do is leave my landing page (the first page the visitor sees when after clicking on the ad) clean, with no popup, If the user doesnt like what he sees he can hit the back buttons and nothing would happen, however if the the user like the content and browse through the site no popup will appear when loading the page, instead the popup would appear when the user is about to the leave the site