AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

percentage sign(%) in display URL

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi guys

I tried to add a short text containing percentage sign (%) to display URL because I saw some other companies have done it for their search text ads, but my ad is not getting approved.

The format I used was like this: xample.com/75%-discount

Do you have any idea what's the problem here?

Re: percentage sign(%) in display URL

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi, most probably you want to track visitors from exact campaign or link. You want to use UTM tagging sou you know how many visitors you get from this link.
The solution is to add Google Analytics URL Builder extension to your Chrome. There you can add Source, Medium, Campaign, etc.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Drazen, thanks for your reply. Actually I'm not looking for tracking anything using display URLS. My question is about some advertiser who are able to add % sign in display URL while I'm not able to do so, like the screenshot attached:forum-adwords.png

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Oh, ok. I would suggest to talk with Google support for your country over the phone or chat and explain them your situation.
Why your ads are getting disapproved? What policy they mention?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Nariman,
As suggested by Drazen, You take google adwords support team help on chat or phone , because few things depend on account history or spent amount that google allow. If you want to try from your end then try this in different way like : xample.com/75%Discount or xample.com/Discount-75%

-----
Thanks,
Jitender