AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

online pharmacy certification question - not an online pharmacy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ads have been disapproved by google because I need an online pharmacy cert. I am not an online pharmacy. I have a link on my website to an online pharmacy but all prescriptions can only be sent through our hospital and can only be approved if we have seen the animal. www.animalhospitalsouthwest.com is the website. I have also been told by some very unhelpful reps that I use certain terms on my website that make it disapproved. We describe actual services we provide...in person. We do not have any e-commerce with pet owners that we have not physically seen in the last year. They will not tell me which terms I would need to change to what language for them to be allowed. This seems to be a common issue among veterinary hospitals. How can I fix this issue?

Re: online pharmacy certification question - not an online pharmacy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I should add that the pharmacy we link to on our website is a vet-vipps pharmacy

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Brian,

From what I can tell, it seems that the crawler may be catching terms like "hospital", "doctors" and stuff like that, and seeing as Online Pharmacy.

I don't have a direct approach on how to solve it, other then contacting Adwords Team and try to explain to them, and see if there's some kind of "white list" for websites like yours.

You can contact them here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried contacting them. Extremely unhelpful. Was told they have never allowed an animal hospital to advertise. I know that's not true because others in my area do.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've had exactly the same problems with one of the sites I manage Adwords for.

We are a sports supplement retailer (whose products are 100% legal, not restricted, and require no prescription to buy in our country of business) and our new ads keep being rejected for lacking "online pharmacy verification".

Nobody from Google can provide me with a straight answer on how to get our site white listed ... and at the moment I cannot even upgrade from destination to final URLs (as the new ads are rejected for online pharmacy verification).

I feel your pain!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brian,

How did you resolve this problem? I went to your website and see that you still have a link to the online pharmacy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also having the same exact problem and we can't seem to be able to fix it with Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It was running until this got posted...I changed the wording to Online
Store, but apparently that's not going to work anymore. Common fix to this
issue, so I hope I see every veterinarian advertising in my area as having
been suspended. Because every veterinarian ends up having to word their
website this way in order to get around google's rules that don't have
anything to do with veterinarians but get applied to them anyways. So I
don't have a solution for you and my ad has been suspended again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Leandro, any thoughts on this subject? Brian's problem was fixed a year ago by naming the link "Online Store", but his ad got rejected today and he can no longer use that language to get around this problem. I have also called the pharmacy provider (VetSource) and they are unable to provide us with any answers. They are "unaware" of this problem, which I think is a complete lie.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Brian,

I am so sorry to hear that! I am calling some other marketing colleagues in other parts of the country to see if they have figured out a solution. If I get some good insight, I will share with you. Please let me know if you hear anything about this.