AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

one web site for all--Allowed or not in policy?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I got an interesting question from one of my client(who is an affiliate) and i am unaware of the answer, Can one website be use for different products. Lets Say Product A page have insurance..Product B page have medical surgery...Product C page have college and university Product D page have dish Tv(want to know about dish tv individually as well if this is the allowed product on adwords)

Can he advertise all these pages as different ad groups or campaigns with same url but with different destinition url within the same domain, is it allowed by policy?.

Thanks

Tabish

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: one web site for all--Allowed or not in policy?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi tabish

>> " a simple landing page with a phone number & related content."

The issue is: content. And hopefully, the affiliate program, the client is joining, is not on Google's list of "no added value" affiliates, and thus banned.

Run a quick Google search "affiliate name AdWords" to find if this affiliate program is banned on Google's property.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tabish,

An advertiser can drive traffic to different product specific landing pages.

But at the same time if the website comes under Adwords Bridge page policy, the site will be suspended (I am suspecious here as you said your client is an affiliate).

Please find more info about Bridge Page pilicy here.

Info

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

he is using just pay per call only programs, so no links transfering to other pages. a simple landing page with a phone number & related content.

In Theory, he dont even need a webpage actually if he is only targetting mobile with the option of click to call only.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This is interesting. In this case if advetising is allowed based on content relevancy (if) it will be a work around for a lot of advertisers. I am not sure about approval for such a site under present policy.

Waiting for a confirmation from policy experts.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi tabish

>> " a simple landing page with a phone number & related content."

The issue is: content. And hopefully, the affiliate program, the client is joining, is not on Google's list of "no added value" affiliates, and thus banned.

Run a quick Google search "affiliate name AdWords" to find if this affiliate program is banned on Google's property.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe, I tried to run a quick search but nothing comes up as solid "name list" if you have some handy, can you share please?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@tabish;

Affiliate name = the name the affiliate network (e.g clickbank)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

ahh alright Smiley Happy

guess its good to go with google affiliates program, my client is using it for pay per call.