AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

no more phone numbers? Why should I bother?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So the penguin and the rest of the nonsense all but killed my local seo ranking for my actual business. I have a small taxi company. I became so frustrated with seo methods that work today and dont work next week or worse hurt you next week I just started paying google PPC adwords ads

Now yesterday I get a message saying I can't have my phone number in the text of the ad. I don't understand this since I pay for call extension too.

Worse yet all my competitors display phone numbers in their ads so I am double angry right now. I pay these leaches $10 a day to display 781-777-7777 so nitwits can call for cabs.

This is an evil policy change and will cause me to probably not be an adwords customer. I would be better of sticking business cards in mail boxes and praying.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: no more phone numbers? Why should I bother?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

Google has discontinued the option to include a phone number in the ad text;

That seemed to be confusing users with call extensions;

Use call extensions instead.

Read more:

Add phone numbers

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In Addition to Moshe I would like to add that for a couple of days you may use phone number in Ad text if you switch your campaigns to Legacy.

but its again not certain that you will be, yes as suggested by Moshe Call Extension is a forever solution.

Regards,

Asif

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Michael, no one is forcing you to use AdWords.  If you cannot make the program work for you, then stop advertising.

You shouldn't have to pay for Call Extensions unless you're using a Legacy Campaign and using a Google forwarding number. Upgrading to an Enhanced Campaign makes Call Extensions free so there's really no reason why you can't continue to display your phone number with your Ad(s).

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits