AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

newbie question here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've created some adwords animated banner ads in the Google Web Designer program. Some of my ads were kicked back being over the 150kb limit. My question is: how does one determine what size your ad is?!?!! This may be a stupid question, but I am not finding my answer.

Re: newbie question here

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I've been told it's the final published compressed file size. Is that correct?

Re: newbie question here

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Melinda!
i tried to get info, but all i fownd was:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722096
Not all devices support Flash. To help you reach customers using devices that don't support Flash, AdWords can create a non-Flash version of the ad for you. You should see an option to preview a non-Flash version of your ad when you upload a Flash file. Don’t see this option? Make sure your SWF file uses ActionScript 2.0 and avoid filters or blending if possible.

AdWords can convert Flash to HTML5, which can be viewed on most major desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. The converted ad may not be 100% identical to the Flash ad you created, so be sure to preview it before saving. Most shapes, embedded fonts, timeline animation, text, movie clips, buttons, and scripting are supported, but not filters or blending. The system automatically determines which version of your ad to show, based on the device that your customer is using.
unfortunately nothing about how to check the size. Also keep in mind it should not last longer than 30 seconds